1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
BEST cars out there!!!!
By Girlygirl! on 01/17/10 10:42 AM (PST)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Subaru March of 2007, with only 129,000 miles. It now has 172,000 and besides routine maintenance, all they need are oil changes done every 3kmiles or 3 months, along with keeping eye out on ALL fluid levels and condition of all fluids. This car still runs, starts and drives NEW!! All she needs are a driver cv axle and a rear wheel bearing! I couldn't be happier and will keep her until the wheels fall off!!! HIGHLY recommended to anyone in need of dependable wheels!

Wonderful Car- Happy Owner!!!
By Kasey on 08/16/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car almost 2 and 1/2 years and it's been a pleasure to own and drive! New parts I replaced: battery, driver cv joint, (passenger side needs new one) front/rear brakes, front/rear brake rotors, 4 new tires, alternator, spark plugs, routine oil/filter changes every 3 mos. or 3,000 miles. A Very safe car, too. Needs only a new rear hub/wheel bearing and a passenger side cv joint. Runs and drives smooth, no shakes, shimmy, or vibration anywhere in the entire car! Doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil and has 164,000 miles on her! I absolutely recommend these cars to anyone in need of cheap transportation and VERY long-lasting reliability!!

Solid And Reliable!
By Kris on 02/15/09 08:45 AM (PST)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my baby 2 years ago with only 129k miles on the clock. She now has 156,000 miles. I drive around 13,000 miles per year and only repairs I've dealt with were alternator replacement, front brakes, cv joints and a very much needed ( overdue!) rear wheel bearing. The only thing I really hate about these cars (and the only thing!) are they have rear brake rotors, which are pretty expensive. Anyway, performance is amazing and she has tons of pep for a 2.2L. I change the oil/filter EVERY 3,000 miles and make sure ALL fluids are at proper levels. Keep up with this and routine maintenance (brakes, tires, battery, etc.) and they will last well over 300,000 miles, maybe longer! Great car

A Pleasure To Own
By Krissy on 07/09/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Suzy 3/1/2007 with only 129,000 miles and for a 17 year- old car back then, only 3 needed repairs, I consider excellent! An alternator, driver side cv joint and a front (passenger side) wheel bearing! Almost a year and a 1/2 later and the one repair needed is a wheel bearing in the rear on passenger side! These engines are indestructible! Bulletproof motor and a very reputable and durable car. I highly recommend these cars for anyone in need of cheap, dependable transportation. One thing: these cars for some unknown reason are pretty bad with gas mileage. I also own a '91 Chevy Corsica with the same size motor (2.2 4 cylinder)and the Chevy holds gas a bit better.

Pleased Subaru Owner
By Chris777 on 08/24/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Overall I'm happy with my Subaru. For a foreign car, the transmissions on these are too whiny and very sluggish. Very quiet motor and has lots of power! On highways, I experience a VERY smooth ride. No complaints about this car, really. Subaru needs to make better quality cv boots. I've only owned this car for almost 6 months, so hopefully, I'll have lots of luck with it the longer I own it!

Pretty Dependable Car
By chrissy70 on 08/21/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Subaru for almost 6 months so far. The only major issue I had with it was the alternator needed replacing. Cost me $300 to fix, but I purchased a 6 mo./7,500 mile extended warranty with the car, so I was reimbursed by the company. This car drives very smooth, but gas mileage is not that great for a 4 cylinder. My Chevy Corsica ('91) gets much better gas mileage and it has the exact same size 2.2 motor! Handles pretty well. This car has no rust on it whatsoever! The paint holds up really well and it's had no accidents. I plan on trading it in or selling it outright come tax time. I recommend these cars to anyone looking for reliability and comfort.

Lasts forever
By torina on 05/09/07 19:52 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new for $13,000. I have never needed transmission work, engine work or any major repairs. My Subaru has 300,000 miles on it. I would highly recommend the Legacy to anyone.