1990 Subaru Legacy 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1990 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

LS Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Proud of the Subaru I once had.
By veedubberlover on 03/01/11 21:07 PM (PST)

1990 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon

I bought my Subaru Legacy LS in the beginning of 09. I am the third owner. When purchased it had a rebuilt engine at about 80k miles. Though the car had 189k miles. Purchased for 1000$. I put about 3k into it in the last two years. It was in pretty bad shape. But after all that it was a wonderful car. Though last weekend a big suburban crunched the rear end on it. Now the insurance wants to give me 900 for it. Not happening! I intend to get at least two k. About what replacement would cost. I put a good 50k miles on the vehicle and she still purrs like a kitten. May even keep her and see if I can find another to move into and have a parts car! Other than this she has been a joy!

278,000 miles - remarkable car
By Happy engineer on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy LS 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used at a price of $ 7,000, ten years ago. Now the odometer is up to 278,000 miles and the engine is still purring, economical... and not a trace of smoke, transmission issues or any old age problem. We had a few repairs including seal replacements, wear parts and gaskets,CV's, alternators (2), drive belts and pulleys, pump (2) and my own recharging air cond - and now a couple of small rust spots appear on side of body. I've been careful to use best test rated friction reducing oil additives. Quite low cost per mile for such a roomy and comfortable transportation? Finally must take it to charity donation -not due to problems.