Used 1990 Subaru Legacy L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

1990 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

It's a keeper
By Sub-A-Roo

1990 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

I have the 1990 legacy L front wheel drive. I bought it in 1993 with over 50k on it. I'm at 280k right now and plan on keeping it at least to 300k. It has been such little maintenance that I have no reason to get rid of it. Gas mileage used to be 34 mpg, now it's closer to 28 mpg (i guess it's getting old?) If I could buy another one with lower mileage I would.

Favorite Features

gas mileage is much better than 22 mpg.

It will never die.
By Jed

1990 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

My mom got the car brand new in 1990 and passed it on to me when she got a newer model. Most reliable car I have ever seen, even major parts can break but it will always get you home or to the garage without fail. The car even sat for 2 years in the drive way with a broken head gasket, never started or anything, put a fresh battery in it and it roared to life like it had been on the road the day before (that was just before I got my drivers permit). You just cant beat that kind of toughness. I have all sorts of stories but I cant fit them all here. It gets 32 MPG runs like a charm and nothing stops it. I may never drive a better vehicle ever. I am currently restoring it.

Favorite Features

Its toughness, reliability, and MPG. It is a beast of a car in sheep's clothing. Bad weather is no problem.

The 1990 Subaru car model
By spower

1990 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

Well, I own the 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon. The reliability/quality is not so good and the repair bills are getting high - just get a Toyota or Honda. Once this Subaru car gets old, it gets very crazy. The gas mileage is not so good - dares to be below 20 MPG. As of 6-22-2002, the mileage is almost 110,000 miles. But the A/C, power steering, locks, sunvisors and other things are not working in the proper order. The engine is noisier than it should be for its mileage. I just honestly wish that I own a vehicle that is whole a lot more reliable than this Subaru car. Just keep Toyota and Honda in each person's mind...as I will honestly do!!

Favorite Features

Reliability, A/C, dependability, durability,

Suggested Improvements

For you consumers, just buy a Toyota or Honda - these brands are very reliable!!