2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Denver Co, Just wanted a reliable, cheap, AWD
By aurora

2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car for about a year now. its definitely reliable, safe, and I bought it for $21k (tax and all) I don't know much about cars, but for my first AWD, its nice. I just hear weird noises when its cold outside......and the stupid "low tire" light keeps coming on for various reasons. I drove over a lump of snow twice, and that light came on. It turned off about 4 days later. Also the hub caps keep hitting the tire valve stem which sets off the tire light too. It drives great in the snow. I wont complain about that.

Great Car, but not the Perfect Car
By Aaron S.

2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this for my wife. It was her dream car. Got a Sport Hatch in Quartz Blue. Gorgeous car, fun to drive, excellent paddle sifters, great fuel economy, and great ride comfort. Very reliable, have never had any problems with it. Only a few downsides:

-It sits sooooooo low. Really wish I had bought a CrossTrek to overcome that. The front bumper rubs on slight grade changes....
-Road noise is horrible. Especially when on a rough surfaces.
-The multimedia center is atrocious. Slow to respond and the ability to utilize all features for an iPhone mean that a USB cord has to be used instead of Bluetooth.
-The air-conditioning adjustments are hard to read. The little tiny line marking where it is pointing is hard to find during the day (at night it is lit up).

Fuel Mileage Thus Far:
Average 29.19
Highest 40.67
Lowest 23.99

After knowing these things, we wish we would have bought a CrossTrek, but we will stick with this so we don't get eaten alive by depreciation. A great car, just a few annoyances.

First Subaru 7 months in
By Wes

2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, I'm really impressed with the car. It's fun to drive and Iove it being so versatile.

A lot has been written about the poor acceleration. It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, but if you use the CVT like you're supposed to, you can really do just fine. The gas mileage is incredible. I don't drive a lot each day for work and I'm filling up about once a month. The thing gets like 400-450 per tank, it's insane!

I've driven it through about 4 big snow storms this year in denver and am extremely impressed. I haven't slid even once. I don't even know what the traction control light even looks like, it never comes on! As long as they plow, you're fine in this car. I also love how secure and safe it feels in regular conditions.

My two negatives are the seat quality on the premium. I have a buddy who has the sport premium (same model) and his seats seem much better. Mine stain easy and even with a treatment of scotch guard, they still already look worn 7 months in. I'm planning on getting new ones as I want to drive this thing forever.

The other downside to the car is it's entertainment system. It's awkward at best. I usually just use the bluetooth to make calls and listen to music. It works fine for that. If you try to get fancy and use voice assist or siri, that's when you get into trouble. It doesn't really integrate well besides the basic call and music features with my iphone 6. It can just cut out and rarely recognizes what you're trying to do. I just bought a wiz mount for my phone so it stays up n the dash nicely. I don't use much else on the entertainment system. The speakers sound ok but it took me awhile to get the EQ the way I wanted it. I think for most people the system is fine. After I pay the thing off, I'll probably get something better.

Affordable, safe and fun to drive
By Jeremy

This car may not be the quickest off the line, but it handles like it is on rails. Everyone who has rode in my car says it is comfortable to be in.

Its the weaker brother of the wrx
By tuan nhu

2015 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So you have it. I have driven 21K miles so far in my 2015 impreza. I bought this car mainly because I could not afford the wrx, and this would be a good commuter. I have the manual gear box.. and its my first.. and i have to say i don't like it at all. The reverse gear has a hard time engaging sometimes. The first gear is not smooth to get into. The gas mileage on the reader and what i get when i calculate is totally off.. i am getting my 27 mpg highway.. which is totally less than what they stated. I think you should just go with the wrx or the suv.

I will switch to a wrx next year.