Safe vehicle for your family and confident in less then desirable weather!
By wx4gps on
2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
This is my 2nd Subaru, with owning a fuel efficient Prius C in between so I has been spoiled by AWD and high fuel efficiency in the past, so I wanted to find something that combined the best of both worlds. When I came looking back at Subaru they said this was the highest MPH AWD vehicle, but I was kinda burned by the head gasket issues of my Earlier 2002 Forester at 90K. However with this being a smaller redesigned engine, and reviewing comments on earlier years of this generation. my only concern was oil consumption some had experienced. I gently broke my vehicle in, and I have had no problems in this department! and if you keep it on open roads at 55-65 mph cruise you will do 36+mpg
Favorite Features
I enjoy having the compass in the rearview mirror, I really didn't think I would use it but it is handy if I have to call in an accident I know which way I am traveling on the road at a glance. the All Wheel Drive system has been nothing but great in the winter snows, and even hitting ponding of water after heavy downpours, you just feel 10 times more confident that you weren't about to loose your. I had concerns coming from my previous Subaru going to a front biased system it wouldn't be as great, I see no difference except greatly improved gas mileage along with the CVT.
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest better paint inspection, as I had a few runs of paint that dried up on parts like the trunk lid that, as its not noticeable without close inspection, I normally never seen before on any of my other vehicle. Also when the A/C is on and you let off the accelerator, there is several quick shudders in the engine breaking kicking in, I almost started to think I had a CVT, but I was able to quickly relate it to only when the A/C is on, and has to do with the load. An awesome improvement with the package with the auto dimming rearview mirror would be to also offer auto dimming side mirrors so you didn't get blinded by the side mirror from headlights.