2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Love My Subarus!!!
By anitamarie1

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

To say I love Subarus is actually understating the facts. I just purchased my fourth Impreza. I am a nurse and live in Northeastern Ohio where the weather can be very intimidating especially when oftentimes I'm up and on the roads before the plows. No only have my Subarus been terrific on the road but each of them has been really fun to drive. What I like best, other than the AWD, is the reliability. My 2009 Impreza had 200,000 hard driven miles on it when something went in the transmission. Waiting to have it diagnosed. However, engine still starts immediately and am seriously considering having it fixed to use as third car because I loved it so much. Bought another Impreza next day

Favorite Features

Love AWD, ease of handling and definitely reliability. My car is the one everyone else uses when their's is in the shop! Also like new feature with blue tooth. Use it all the time. What I like best is I get AWD, good gas mileage and a sharp car. Can't beat that combination!!!

Great Value
By billprange

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2014 Impreza Limited for 6 months and 7K miles. I bought it fully loaded with 900 miles on it (repossessed) from the dealer for $22,500. Its a fun, tight drive with remarkable fuel efficiency. I get 45 mpg at 55 mph, 40 at 65, and 36 at 70 with fwy driving. Overall 36 fwy, 32 mixed and 28 city. Efficiency drops noticeably when using the paddle shifters on country roads! Absolutely no problems so far, just lots of fun.

Favorite Features

I'm 6 ft, 185 lbs, and the drivers seat fit me perfectly. I was comparing it to the Mazda 3, Honda Civic and Accord, VW Gold/GTI and the Subi was by far the most comfortable ride. I also appreciated the straight forward instrument arrangement and lighting. Most of all was the balanced and controlled feeling when driving the winding country roads where I live. The 4WD will be a big pulse if we ever get rain again.

Suggested Improvements

The bluetooth controls for the phone are pretty impossible. I gave up and returned to using my headset.

A lot of car for the price!
By rswaim

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model Impreza sedan for about six months now, and I have already put over 12000 miles on it. This car was a fantastic value! I live in MN, so an AWD is essential. It's no WRX, but the 2.0 with a five speed manual gets up to highway speed with ease. I am averaging 34mpg with mixed driving. Gets around 40 on the highway if you know how to drive properly. I'm a fairly tall man, 6'5 and this thing has tons of head and leg room. I check the oil with every fill-up, and it has not used a drop of oil. I have the oil changed every 3500-4000 miles, even though i'm sure it would make it to 5k with no issues. This is my first Subaru and it won't be my last!

Favorite Features

AWD system is the best in the industry. Visibility is great, with very thin pillars, and small blind spots. Gas mileage is fantastic for an AWD sedan. Look of the car gets a lot of compliments. The interior quality seems like it's built to last, and this car has a lot of front and rear passenger room. The trunk is gigantic for a small sedan.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system seems subpar, especially at highway speeds. Easy fix with aftermarket speakers. Cruise control should be standard on the base model. Push button start would also be nice, as most other Japanese car manufactures are moving toward smart keys with push button ignitions.

Safe vehicle for your family and confident in less then desirable weather!
By wx4gps

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Subaru, with owning a fuel efficient Prius C in between so I has been spoiled by AWD and high fuel efficiency in the past, so I wanted to find something that combined the best of both worlds. When I came looking back at Subaru they said this was the highest MPH AWD vehicle, but I was kinda burned by the head gasket issues of my Earlier 2002 Forester at 90K. However with this being a smaller redesigned engine, and reviewing comments on earlier years of this generation. my only concern was oil consumption some had experienced. I gently broke my vehicle in, and I have had no problems in this department! and if you keep it on open roads at 55-65 mph cruise you will do 36+mpg

Favorite Features

I enjoy having the compass in the rearview mirror, I really didn't think I would use it but it is handy if I have to call in an accident I know which way I am traveling on the road at a glance. the All Wheel Drive system has been nothing but great in the winter snows, and even hitting ponding of water after heavy downpours, you just feel 10 times more confident that you weren't about to loose your. I had concerns coming from my previous Subaru going to a front biased system it wouldn't be as great, I see no difference except greatly improved gas mileage along with the CVT.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest better paint inspection, as I had a few runs of paint that dried up on parts like the trunk lid that, as its not noticeable without close inspection, I normally never seen before on any of my other vehicle. Also when the A/C is on and you let off the accelerator, there is several quick shudders in the engine breaking kicking in, I almost started to think I had a CVT, but I was able to quickly relate it to only when the A/C is on, and has to do with the load. An awesome improvement with the package with the auto dimming rearview mirror would be to also offer auto dimming side mirrors so you didn't get blinded by the side mirror from headlights.

Not bad at all for a 19,000 vehicle!!
By subiejohn

2014 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall this car is pretty good! I have about 5,000 miles on it so its still pretty new. The car is very light so on windy days the car does get punched around a bit but not a big deal. The sound system blows ass but is better than the 2005 Impreza I drove before. The only complaint I have is that when I'm driving on a shitty road with a lot of bumps I hear a slight rattle coming from the back of the interior when I hit bumps but it only does it hear and there and lately seems to have stopped. But nothing major. The build of the car such as the suspension is awesome and when driving you can tell its strong. The interior quality is built well for the most part except for a couple little areas

Favorite Features

Having bluetooth/USB is great! Love the amount of airbags this car has. The sheet metal on the exterior is more flexible than the previous Impreza that I drove but thats only because it will absorb most of the impact in a bad crash. Very good crash test rating!!! And I love the MPG gauge on the speedometer. Great Gas Milage also!! Also love the look of the exterior!!

Suggested Improvements

A couple areas in the interior can have slightly better quality materials but 90% of the interior is well built. Better Sound System, doesn't got to be a bose for a base model but I mean jesus. And the brightness of the speedometer could maybe be a tad bit brighter.