Used 2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subie's Doo. 2014
By jeffrey kweller

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great little car. Very reliable, great quality, and value. Security of all wheel drive. It is not a fast car, and a little boring, but it will never let you down, and gets 30 -31 mpg. Every tank full. Very, very, dependable, if you do you basic services, they usually go 2-300 thousand or more. Only one downside, the radio speakers are pure trash.
Oh yes, this is our 8th. Subaru, use to live in Michigan, very good car for snow and wet.

SNOW MACHINE!
By wil

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru and probably not my last! I bought this car brand new April of 2014 and since then have put on 26,000 miles. I live in the mountains of Vermont, where last year we got more snow than anywhere else in the lower 48 states. This little car performed like a champ! I often times drove out of my driveway that was covered in a fresh 12 inches of snow (Without snow tires!). I average 30 MPG, which I find to be great considering it's AWD and I have a few mountains that I traverse everyday. If you need good gas mileage and a car that can get you through the worst of winters, this is it! I also like that it comes standard with almost every modern safety feature. As of now no repairs, just oil changes.

Good car overall-but flaws
By mbr00ker

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 1 year driving this car, overall I"m fairly happy with it.
Good:
Excellent mileage for AWD vehicle and weight of car - safety good
Very roomy front leg room for tall people
Great visibility
Car does not get stuck in snow

Needs improvement:
Braking worse than Honda FIt I had before on slick roads in spite of AWD
Bouncy suspension
Loose steering - not the greatest at holding in lanes at expressway speeds
No padding the seats - took ages for me to get used to them and still not great for long trips

If I wasn't living in snow country I wouldn't have this car. The steering is more than annoying and the traction at least on the wagon version of the Impreza is strange. If the steering was better I would like it much better than I do - maybe my car is flawed. Cannot recommend this car however.

Great gas saver for North Country
By moose72690

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Impreza brand new and now have about 3,000 miles on it. So its still very new. However I am averaging
31MPG on the mountain roads of Vermont. I was pleased to see that I got Power windows, power locks, bluetooth, aux/usb, and a CD player in the basic model. I added the roof rack, spoiler, and mud guards which makes the car look good. I would recommend adding those if you are getting the base model, otherwise they look like a toyota matrix. As far as comfort goes its not to bad. I fit as a 6'2 205lbs man. The hatchback provides plenty of space for groceries and camping equipment..... If you are concerned with MPG and need AWD then this is a wise choice.

Bluetooth, Aux/USB, side airbags, MPG, sporty look with spoiler and roof rack. Good Ski culture car.

heated seats as option in lower models.

It's all about the mileage
By alzada

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car only has 3000 miles [not 'broken in' yet!] and I'm getting 27-29 mpg city, 34 highway [85/15%] - using math, not dash computer. Doing posted speed; cruise control whenever possible; no jack-rabbiting. Can't wait until it's broken in!! Didn't want the biggest car, the fastest car, the most impressive car. Wanted reliable, safe, nimble and GREAT gas mileage and my Impreza delivers on all counts. Gets me to my destination with no worries about road/weather conditions. Nimble steering; low profile not bothered much by high winds. Ride comfort is acceptable. Main complaint is the red dash lite - really? What idiot OK'd that?? Bluetooth great, radio could be better but have had much worse.

awd all the time (not just when the car senses 'slippage), gas mileage, nimble handling, rear window wiper [that's why I got the hatchback, not the sedan]. Added fog lights [yes, they come on the Sport but so do roof rails which I didn't want] and remote start [park outside - totally worth it when it snowed...]

Get rid of that damned red dash lighting. If you have to use a color [why - what's wrong with 'white'??] use green - didn't the engineers read the paper a few years ago about green being easier to see than red?? Seat belt extenders - apparently there are no Asians with boobs testing cars. Some females have (real, not factory bought) boobs and the belt rides UP, cutting into necks. Solved that by twisting the belt 6-7 times before fastening. I'm guessing that's compromising the safety - but breathing is more important...