2014 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
A lot of car for the price!
By rswaim on 09/06/14 19:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model Impreza sedan for about six months now, and I have already put over 12000 miles on it. This car was a fantastic value! I live in MN, so an AWD is essential. It's no WRX, but the 2.0 with a five speed manual gets up to highway speed with ease. I am averaging 34mpg with mixed driving. Gets around 40 on the highway if you know how to drive properly. I'm a fairly tall man, 6'5 and this thing has tons of head and leg room. I check the oil with every fill-up, and it has not used a drop of oil. I have the oil changed every 3500-4000 miles, even though i'm sure it would make it to 5k with no issues. This is my first Subaru and it won't be my last!

Safe vehicle for your family and confident in less then desirable weather!
By wx4gps on 07/24/14 08:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Subaru, with owning a fuel efficient Prius C in between so I has been spoiled by AWD and high fuel efficiency in the past, so I wanted to find something that combined the best of both worlds. When I came looking back at Subaru they said this was the highest MPH AWD vehicle, but I was kinda burned by the head gasket issues of my Earlier 2002 Forester at 90K. However with this being a smaller redesigned engine, and reviewing comments on earlier years of this generation. my only concern was oil consumption some had experienced. I gently broke my vehicle in, and I have had no problems in this department! and if you keep it on open roads at 55-65 mph cruise you will do 36+mpg

Not bad at all for a 19,000 vehicle!!
By subiejohn on 07/24/14 00:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall this car is pretty good! I have about 5,000 miles on it so its still pretty new. The car is very light so on windy days the car does get punched around a bit but not a big deal. The sound system blows ass but is better than the 2005 Impreza I drove before. The only complaint I have is that when I'm driving on a shitty road with a lot of bumps I hear a slight rattle coming from the back of the interior when I hit bumps but it only does it hear and there and lately seems to have stopped. But nothing major. The build of the car such as the suspension is awesome and when driving you can tell its strong. The interior quality is built well for the most part except for a couple little areas

Great gas saver for North Country
By moose72690 on 05/20/14 06:20 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Impreza brand new and now have about 3,000 miles on it. So its still very new. However I am averaging 31MPG on the mountain roads of Vermont. I was pleased to see that I got Power windows, power locks, bluetooth, aux/usb, and a CD player in the basic model. I added the roof rack, spoiler, and mud guards which makes the car look good. I would recommend adding those if you are getting the base model, otherwise they look like a toyota matrix. As far as comfort goes its not to bad. I fit as a 6'2 205lbs man. The hatchback provides plenty of space for groceries and camping equipment..... If you are concerned with MPG and need AWD then this is a wise choice.

It's all about the mileage
By alzada on 04/27/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car only has 3000 miles [not 'broken in' yet!] and I'm getting 27-29 mpg city, 34 highway [85/15%] - using math, not dash computer. Doing posted speed; cruise control whenever possible; no jack-rabbiting. Can't wait until it's broken in!! Didn't want the biggest car, the fastest car, the most impressive car. Wanted reliable, safe, nimble and GREAT gas mileage and my Impreza delivers on all counts. Gets me to my destination with no worries about road/weather conditions. Nimble steering; low profile not bothered much by high winds. Ride comfort is acceptable. Main complaint is the red dash lite - really? What idiot OK'd that?? Bluetooth great, radio could be better but have had much worse.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$158 per month*