Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

2013 Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Excessive Oil
By DvaderTheForce

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We own a 2013 Subaru Impreza 4 Sedan Premium:

While my wife was driving our car, the low engine oil light came on, then went off about 10 minutes later. I checked the oil it was maybe a 1/4 of an inch below the low line/dot. Brought it to the dealer, and was told it was down 3/4 to 1 quart. It was around 2,850 miles since our last oil & filter change from that dealer. We have around 23,000 miles on the vehicle, mainly highway use, it sits in a garage when not being used, so we do not need to let it sit, and idle to clear it off from the winter elements, and it gets oil & filter changes every 6 months by the same Subaru dealership.

Currently we will be bringing in our vehicle for the 2nd part of the oil consumption test.

Our issue is not only with oil consumption which the dealership tried to previously say was normal, but also with both Subaru’s paint, and the ease at which the side panels dent, in addition to the oil issue. This is a 3 year old vehicle, which looks worse for wear vs our 2006 Hyundai Accent, which cost approximately $10 K less vs our Subaru.

Subaru told us the paint was normal wear/tear for road conditions, weather, etc., and again I said, if that is the case explain why of our vehicles we have owned during our lives never had the same issues (with 1 exception), and why 2006 Hyundai Accent shows none of the same wear, even though it went through similar driving conditions, and weather also. Subaru agreed to a 1 time repainting of the hood only, without admitting to any issues on their part, stating it was “Good Will”, they did not cover the door pillars, and most importantly the front bumper, we also have some scratches on the trunk, don’t know how those got there. I did get the hood repainted which appears better vs the original paint job, at least at this time. Subaru did not have us sign a release for the repainting, which I ended up bringing back to the dealership as paint bleed through to our front driver, and passenger windows, which had to be cleaned up/corrected by the body shop.

Regarding the panels denting easily, the door guards appear notably thinner on the Subaru, and to me if pushed on with minimal force, seem softer. I am obviously not an expert, but I have witnessed my Hyundai get struck by a large suv’s door, and no dent. For the 2 dents on our Subaru’s driver side, 1 was due to a shopping cart which was blown due to the wind, the loose cart rolled on a slight downhill slope a short distance, and caused a small dent. The other we did not see take place, appears an suv or truck opened their door into our vehicle, but are dismayed at the size, and depth of the indentation.

Not only do we feel we are going to get less for our vehicle due to the oil consumption issue, even if an issue is found, and corrected, but also the vehicles appearance. I know diminished value claims can be difficult to prove, but it appears the oil consumption issue was going on for years, and it appears I am not the only one voicing concerns about the issues.

Interior when driving loud, and we have an occasional rattle in the washboard.

******This will be our first, and last Subaru. We may even trade it in, and buy a Honda or a Hyundai again*****

Not what they used to be
By Mary

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 4 subarus, so I have some experience. Traded in my reliable 2009 impreza to buy the sporty redesigned 2013 with CVT. bad move! In two years, I have replaced 6 headlight bulbs. They blow continually. Subaru says this can be common. Ok, so not a great big deal, at least compared to my latest problem. 68,000 miles and the CVT is shot. Makes a loud groaning noise. Subaru says the tranny is bad- bad bearings. It's off of warranty at 60 k. Cost to fix $8000.00!!!!!!!!! Why should a tranny die at 68k? I'm a teacher. Don't drive on snow days, hardly during the summer, don't tow, do offloading and commute on the interstate, so no stop and go driving. They say extreme driving conditions can cause problems. Im not extreme, and isnt subaru billed as the most dependable take anywhere through anything car? Great advertising but not true? Needless to say I'm distraught and really disappointed. Nissan extended their cvt warranty to double 10 yrs/120,000k. Why is that? Be careful, and really research this. It is more prevent than is know and this has yet to be exposed as it should. Cars are just beginning to hot the 70-80k mark. Buyer be ware. I'm done with Subaru...sad about this, but the risk is too great.

I would avoid subura 2013...
By tina

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had rotors go at 30,000 miles (1 and half years old) The dealer would not honor the warren-tee, instead "turned them" looking for a different car or at least year.. don't get 2013

Great!
By gdb85

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. It looks great and I like the features it has. This is my first car that has four wheel drive and it makes such a difference when driving during winter weather. It's amazing!

I like the bluetooth connectivity and it works very well for me. I also enjoy the seat warmers and the sunroof. I love the design of the car!

The engine lacks a bit of power, with a very noticeable difference when the air conditioner is on. It says a lot about engine performance if the a/c saps enough power that it causes noticeable performance differences.

Solid machine
By 7hegreat1

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2013 impreza 5spd since I cant afford a wrx or sti and while it lacks power I cant complain. It's a solid car, avg mpg I have had as low as 14.1 and as high as 35.6 according to digital read out. I tend to drive it like its a fully built sti wot and wrap out every gear...... On my way to work. It's great in the snow, turn traction control off and you feel like Tanner Faust. Its well ballanced and the pedals feel pretty good. (distance wise for heel toe in the snow clutch feels a little soft compared to the stage 2 and 3 clutches im used to) but its not a sports car. I love the fact my oil filter is on top of the motor for easy access and u dont have to remove any splash guards

REAL AWD system!!! Do research!!!! Car dosent hate being down shifted ( feels almost as willing as s2000) Oil Filter on top is the greatest idea in the world. It's abilty to out perform almost everyone in the snow. In the snow I tend to double the speed of big suv's and other vehicles with no fear, I also feel like its a gtr at a red light by the time im in 3rd gear doing fiffty I have train lengths on other traffic. It flashes a bunch of lights at me and dosent sound happy but it does it. When sliding it with tc on it makes an awful abs noise with out me pressing break. I get this thing sideways every chance I get in the snow and havent wrecked it yet. Confidence in motion!!!

My biggest complaint other then lack of power is the hand brake is to close to the driver. I can tell it was rhd vehicle orginaly, you moved the steering wheel and pedals but forgot the hand brake. Slightly wider tires would also be a plus. A stronger clutch a tranny to deal with my abuse would also be great. I also wish subaru would quit trying to apeal to the masses and buy back their 14% from toyota. Why when the sti was first introduced to us it was 27000. It now has 5 more hp and starts at 37000. Now that the sti has made its mark and people want it, you jack up the price. You would sell 5x more if you left at the 30 range.