Solid machine
By 7hegreat1 on
2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought a 2013 impreza 5spd since I cant afford a wrx or sti and while it lacks power I cant complain. It's a solid car, avg mpg I have had as low as 14.1 and as high as 35.6 according to digital read out. I tend to drive it like its a fully built sti wot and wrap out every gear...... On my way to work. It's great in the snow, turn traction control off and you feel like Tanner Faust. Its well ballanced and the pedals feel pretty good. (distance wise for heel toe in the snow clutch feels a little soft compared to the stage 2 and 3 clutches im used to) but its not a sports car. I love the fact my oil filter is on top of the motor for easy access and u dont have to remove any splash guards
Favorite Features
REAL AWD system!!! Do research!!!! Car dosent hate being down shifted ( feels almost as willing as s2000) Oil Filter on top is the greatest idea in the world. It's abilty to out perform almost everyone in the snow. In the snow I tend to double the speed of big suv's and other vehicles with no fear, I also feel like its a gtr at a red light by the time im in 3rd gear doing fiffty I have train lengths on other traffic. It flashes a bunch of lights at me and dosent sound happy but it does it. When sliding it with tc on it makes an awful abs noise with out me pressing break. I get this thing sideways every chance I get in the snow and havent wrecked it yet. Confidence in motion!!!
Suggested Improvements
My biggest complaint other then lack of power is the hand brake is to close to the driver. I can tell it was rhd vehicle orginaly, you moved the steering wheel and pedals but forgot the hand brake. Slightly wider tires would also be a plus. A stronger clutch a tranny to deal with my abuse would also be great. I also wish subaru would quit trying to apeal to the masses and buy back their 14% from toyota. Why when the sti was first introduced to us it was 27000. It now has 5 more hp and starts at 37000. Now that the sti has made its mark and people want it, you jack up the price. You would sell 5x more if you left at the 30 range.