Pray for me! Its winter.
By gboyce on
2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Pray for me in the snow because this car makes me scared. First my wife wanted it. Now as winter approaches the lowness of the car scares the hell out of me. It is cheaply made and its no frills inside feels it. There is also no center arm rest that makes it extra uncomfortable. We have only 8,000 miles on it and the seats are showing bear wear and tear already and we are not behemoths! The radio is bland and low even at full volume and sound quality is bland. Sounds like an old AM radio from the 60`s. It was only bought for the gas mileage and that's been good but not as advertised-nowhere near the 35 MPH. Worried about winter-does not make me feel safe.
Favorite Features
The body design does look nice. Looks like decent enough room in the back. The dashboard lighting is a hard to take red and it looks antiquated. The AC was very good this summer- but had some complaints from people in the back. We have manual adjusted seats and what a pain in the butt- just adds to extra cheapness I feel about this thing. It does handle nicely and has an ok ride but that lowness..cant be escaped.
Suggested Improvements
What is with the front bumper? I haven't parked once without that thing getting caught and sounding like I pulled it off when I back up. I know its a low car but come on. Plus it does not look solid. The car looks ready to crumble if a large enough bee flies into it! You get what you pay for I guess.
By mossman11
on 02/06/14 18:13 PM (PST)

I have a 2013 Limited sedan, and you are right: the standard tires are for summer use only. I fit my car with Continental Winter tires and it feels much more secure now, and rides quieter as well. As for the radio, agree with you, it is a joke. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit with NAV and upgraded the speakers. These two things have transformed the car for me.

By 7hegreat1
on 02/16/14 01:36 AM (PST)

I have a 2013 impreza 5psd Traded in a 2012 legacy because cvt is crap and im pretty sure it will break. Any ways it stock as rock same skinny tires it came with and it is an absolute blast in the snow. The manual comes with a diff awd system (better im my opinion 50/50 split. With traction control on its an absolute beast let off and counter steer while still in gear and it does all the work for you. Turn traction control off and get the party started great control very predictable good balance favorite car in the snow by far and ive driven the understear machine they call quattro. (a4) double the price

By markrt06
on 05/26/14 14:19 PM (PDT)

Gboyce, Your review is beyond silly. If your Impreza has no center armrest, why did you buy the base model? You also have no knowledge of a Subaru's strong points, namely their ability to handle inclement weather, snow, etc., with ease; nor the vehicle's impeccable reliability ratings. All the models, base, premium & limited have manually adjustable seats in the front, so your point is mute. A Civic is much the same in this regard. I have no idea what you are hooking your front bumper on; many newer vehicles, namely sedans have lower front spoilers, so try not to run up on curbs if you will. You've got your units mixed up; the Impreza will exceed 35 mph easily; heck my limited model will run over 90 mph. The vehicle also gets great mileage at reasonable speeds on the highway; about 35-37 miles per gallon or MPG. The few shortcomings of the vehicle appear to be the sound system & tire noise I'll agree as most other reviewers concur. Cvt's will become even more widespread in cars of the Impreza size & even larger (new Camry & Accord), so get use to it.