2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: My 2013 Impreza IMPRESSED afte

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2013 Subaru Impreza

2.0i Limited PZEV Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

My 2013 Impreza IMPRESSED after poor start.
By gboyce on

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was uninspired when getting our 2013 Suburu mostly because it was low to the ground but also was very basic and bland with interior and entertainment. BUT this was an absolute GREAT car mileage and especially winter wise. It handled all winters very gracefully and was very happy with it. So much so that we have leased another 2016 recently and this one is really much nicer looking and feeling. The stereo system has improved dramatically and the rear back up system is nice BUT it really SHOULD have a navigation system- thats the only area the new one lacks. That should be included in all packages they offer! It looks sleeker than our prior car and the color a nice Jasmine Green is sharp and very cool looking along with the beige cloth interior.We remain very impressed and at this stage getting 27.3 MPH with about 18 in city. We love the car- yes wish it were higher off the ground and easier to get in and out of but overall a tremendous car and highly recommend!

• Road holding
  • Headlights
  • Parking aids

• Getting in out
  • Entertainment

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mossman11
on 02/06/14 18:13 PM (PST)

I have a 2013 Limited sedan, and you are right: the standard tires are for summer use only. I fit my car with Continental Winter tires and it feels much more secure now, and rides quieter as well. As for the radio, agree with you, it is a joke. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit with NAV and upgraded the speakers. These two things have transformed the car for me.

By markrt06
on 05/26/14 14:19 PM (PDT)

Gboyce, Your review is beyond silly. If your Impreza has no center armrest, why did you buy the base model? You also have no knowledge of a Subaru's strong points, namely their ability to handle inclement weather, snow, etc., with ease; nor the vehicle's impeccable reliability ratings. All the models, base, premium & limited have manually adjustable seats in the front, so your point is mute. A Civic is much the same in this regard. I have no idea what you are hooking your front bumper on; many newer vehicles, namely sedans have lower front spoilers, so try not to run up on curbs if you will. You've got your units mixed up; the Impreza will exceed 35 mph easily; heck my limited model will run over 90 mph. The vehicle also gets great mileage at reasonable speeds on the highway; about 35-37 miles per gallon or MPG. The few shortcomings of the vehicle appear to be the sound system & tire noise I'll agree as most other reviewers concur. Cvt's will become even more widespread in cars of the Impreza size & even larger (new Camry & Accord), so get use to it.

By 7hegreat1
on 02/16/14 01:36 AM (PST)

I have a 2013 impreza 5psd Traded in a 2012 legacy because cvt is crap and im pretty sure it will break. Any ways it stock as rock same skinny tires it came with and it is an absolute blast in the snow. The manual comes with a diff awd system (better im my opinion 50/50 split. With traction control on its an absolute beast let off and counter steer while still in gear and it does all the work for you. Turn traction control off and get the party started great control very predictable good balance favorite car in the snow by far and ive driven the understear machine they call quattro. (a4) double the price