2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great car, worst Bluetooth possible
By dylismith1 on 01/14/13 07:27 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I consider Bluetooth a safety feature. This Bluetooth does not synchronize with the phone's contact list. You need to manually enter each contact. For each, you need to manually enter the phone number by scrolling a thumb wheel for each number, and then you say the name. When I said "Larry" it told me I had to have 2 syllables. When I said "Drywall John" it said it was too similar to "Larry Cell"! You cannot input the name, so for a list of phone numbers, you get numbers but no associated names. It would not recognize my wife's voice since it only knew my voice. When we renamed contacts using my wife's voice, it would no longer recognize my voice. This system is an embarrassment to Subaru.

Went from Infiniti M35 to Impreza and very happy!
By rob3016 on 12/11/12 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have had the Impreza Sport Premium about three weeks now and I am impressed. That is saying a lot after trading in my 2008 Infiniti M35. I decided the Impreza is a more practical car for our needs (late 30s with boys). Doubled our gas mileage. Enough room in the rear seat for two car seats and my wife if she chooses to sit there. Plenty of leg room. Huge cargo volume with seats folded down. Seat bottoms are longer than other cars for more leg support. Other's shorten the seat to bump leg room numbers. Fun to drive especially with paddle shifters. All wheel drive handling is fantastic, especially in the rain. This is my first AWD car and I am hooked. Very happy with my decision.

Recent Purchase
By johnnybb on 11/04/12 12:39 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very stylish car. Had a 2009 model for three years and the 2013 is nicely improved. Very easy handling around corners. Nice, tight turning radius. Gets impressive gas mileage for an all-wheel drive vehicle. Brakes feel solid and sure. Ride is not too stiff, not too soft -- just right. Is the best deal out there for a vehicle with all-wheel drive with a good set of features at a reasonable price. Overall -- very satisfied. I would rate excellent in all categories, but this is not a luxury vehicle. A 4 in this class of vehicle is a very good rating.

First Rue, and won't be the last!
By nhrue on 10/02/12 20:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had originally decided on the Mitsubishi Lancer, due to its selective AWD and its warranty. Upon making an appointment to purchase a Lancer I had a moment of second guessing and decided I would just go down to the local Subaru Dealer to look at some sticker prices. I found the sticker prices were the same for a Subaru Impreza Limited as it was going to be for a Lancer SE with more way more options installed on the Subaru. It also has an EPA rating of 7mpg more than the Mitsubishi. I went to the dealer a couple of days later to test drive the Impreza and was impressed by its features, handling, speed and build quality. Bought the undercoating and extended warranty, happy with my decision!

Good little machine
By califchick on 09/29/12 14:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my VW Jetta sedan a month ago for the Impreza hatchback. As the salesperson informed me during the "I'm still looking" phase, people buy Subarus for the "waist down" performance, as they lack many of the luxuries that other car makers add as perks. Having said that, the leather is good quality, the car handles very well (can't wait to get it in the snow!), and it's got a decent backseat and storage for the daily haul. Bluetooth and USB are decent, but stereo very generic. Controls are simple. Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is interesting...takes some getting used to. One month in, and I'm a happy customer!

my first subie!
By kabukigirl83 on 09/23/12 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

it's hard for me to tell at this point the reliability since i've only had it for a couple days but so far so great! i was contemplating between the new vw beetle and golf, both test driven but when it came down to it, i went with the impreza and i'm so happy i did. although the interior is not as aesthetic and lacks some of the bells and whistles that vw has, i still was able to get everything i wanted and more, such as heated seats, leather, moon roof, bluetooth, upgraded sound system (crazy good for coming from the factory, not stock), etc. i feel like for what i paid, i got the best bang for my buck. i feel like subaru's reputation for reliability and safety was really what got me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$157 per month*