2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Subaru Impreza Hatchback Sedan 2012
By animaeme on 09/26/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car was purchased new in 2012. I want to warm consumers that th body is of cheap quality. Just looking at it give it a "dent". The body it like tin foil. The worst is the car is built very low to the ground at 5.6". Small road "bumps" or driving up a steep hill damages under the bumper. Also underneath the front and back bumper damages when parking over curbs. The back wheel guard is even lower to the ground & "hook shape". My car caught on a low curb and bumper partially pulled off. My car is only 1y/o but the body is getting beaten. This is my 6th car and by far it has the worst quality body design.

Zippy car, crappy mirror
By ric25 on 09/07/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Was very surprised at the performance and handling of the car. Great fun to drive on curvy roads even with the CVT (and I say that as a former Porsche owner). The hatchback model has very good use of space. Can carry a lot of cargo for trips. The hatchback also has good visibility, with no major blind spots. But a couple complaints: The side mirrors are flimsy plastic POS. After 6 months of ownership, fallen off 3 times, broke the last time. As other mentioned, the audio system is horrible. The paint scratches very easily. The car sits too low to the ground, keep scraping the bumper on driveways.

Great New England Car for the Money
By hre1718 on 08/21/13 12:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Traded up from a POS 98 Explorer. Overall, I am pleased with the car. AWD provides great grip. I've yet to hear a tire squeal. Speaking of which, these stock tires are awful. Tons of noise. CVT takes some getting used to. I don't like the delays between drive and reverse. Get the upgraded speakers, worth it. I do wish there were more storage places & hidden cubbies. Sound insulation isn't great, but this isn't a luxury vehicle. Decent MPG if you treat it right. Getting around 34, 70% hwy. The MPG gauge is a little optimistic by a few MPG's. Bluetooth kind of sucks, but its fine for calls. AWD, MPG, visibility and good dynamics makes me a happy owner. Great car for the money.

Good car, but not for what I bought it for (MPG)
By jr981 on 08/07/13 11:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall the car is fine. I really like the interior and the way it handles on flat roads and downhill in the mountains. It's light and fun to drive in these conditions and feels very stable. Downside: It's more underpowered than I expected--even hilly neighborhoods have the engine revving high and loud. AC seems to increase the problem. The nav system is not intuitive--my cell phone app is more user friendly. Speakers are tinny and HD radio is not useful because it keeps fading out--unsure if the problem is the car or HD radio in general. Biggest problem is MPG--have yet to break 25 MPG with 60+% highway driving. Trip computer seems to overestimate actual by about 1.4 MPG.

Pretty sure I'll never drive another brand again.
By dpf85 on 07/10/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a 28 yr old male, combat arms in the Army, who is really into what I call "adventure time." So I wanted something that looked nice, got decent mpg, and could take me where ever I wanted to go. Enter my 2013 Impreza Sport Limited. A treat to myself with my money from the 'Stan. My ol' lady likes to tease me and say it is a station wagon, but meh, I LOVE it. My only two gripes: with the A/C on, it accelerates like a granny on a scooter; and even after almost 11,000 miles I'm still getting only 26 mpg mixed driving. I by no means drive like an old person, but I don't have a lead foot either... so I'm a little disappointed in that. Other than that, I'm a fan for life.

Lots of noise
By seafields6 on 07/03/13 19:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2012 @ have put 20,000 miles on it. This one has the deluxe stereo & $300 speaker option, which is good because sometimes you can actually hear some music above the engine/transmission noise when you're starting off & the awful tire noise all the time. Subaru apparently has no knowledge of sound proofing. They ruined the car for me by choosing these noisy low rated tires. Maybe I'll like this car once these tires are replaced with something better.

My 1st Subaru
By 39aatthompson on 05/22/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a AWD vehicle that got decent MPG. My 1st impression when sitting in the car for the first time was WOW! you can see everything from the front, back & all sides. The leg room was better than the Mazda Tribute that I was driving and the seat in the Subaru is awesomely comfortable! Loved it from the get go. I'm up to 6,000 miles and the MPG combine city/highway is now at 30 MPGs steadily for the last few weeks, it was in the low 20 MPGs for a few thousand miles. I legally tinted all windows except windshield and added the bug shield, aero splash guards and side window deflectors and the car looks hot! I'm very happy so far

Mileage is above advertised! I love it.
By charitygirl on 05/16/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my CVT premium hatchback in December. This is my 4th Subaru impreza but first new car. The best thing about it is the mileage. At first my average MPG seemed low but then I started looking at the instantaneous MPG readout and adjusting my driving style to maximise fuel efficiency. Now at around 5,000 miles I am getting almost EXACTLY the MPG estimated by Subaru, 28 around town, 30 mixed and 36 highway (actually I did get 38 a few time on a long 100 mile drive). The other great thing is the leg room in the rear. I had to drive a rental Ford Fous for a week and my son complained that he had LESS room in the back than in the Subau. Not sure he's right...but still.

Mostly a Great Car
By zentec on 05/06/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have moved from a Honda Civic to the 2013 Impreza. Car drives much better than the Civic, about the same gas mileage with a lot less road noise. Seats are better than the Civic, most of the interior is on par or better.

Bluetooth is awful and not safe to operate when driving
By davidpro on 04/04/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Bluetooth is a joke. Subaru should be embarrassed to have such terrible software in a 2013 model. You cannot upload your phonebook, the controls suck, and its voice recognition barely works right. It constantly makes errors and give you the wrong number. The sales staff at the dealer knew all about the problems and told me a bunch of crap that weren't total lies so they could avoid telling me the truth about the system. It makes Subaru look bad. Other than that, the car is great, but its a big disappointment that this flaw exists and that they try to hide it and don't fix it ASAP.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$152 per month*