Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Not what they used to be
By Mary

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 4 subarus, so I have some experience. Traded in my reliable 2009 impreza to buy the sporty redesigned 2013 with CVT. bad move! In two years, I have replaced 6 headlight bulbs. They blow continually. Subaru says this can be common. Ok, so not a great big deal, at least compared to my latest problem. 68,000 miles and the CVT is shot. Makes a loud groaning noise. Subaru says the tranny is bad- bad bearings. It's off of warranty at 60 k. Cost to fix $8000.00!!!!!!!!! Why should a tranny die at 68k? I'm a teacher. Don't drive on snow days, hardly during the summer, don't tow, do offloading and commute on the interstate, so no stop and go driving. They say extreme driving conditions can cause problems. Im not extreme, and isnt subaru billed as the most dependable take anywhere through anything car? Great advertising but not true? Needless to say I'm distraught and really disappointed. Nissan extended their cvt warranty to double 10 yrs/120,000k. Why is that? Be careful, and really research this. It is more prevent than is know and this has yet to be exposed as it should. Cars are just beginning to hot the 70-80k mark. Buyer be ware. I'm done with Subaru...sad about this, but the risk is too great.

I would avoid subura 2013...
By tina

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had rotors go at 30,000 miles (1 and half years old) The dealer would not honor the warren-tee, instead "turned them" looking for a different car or at least year.. don't get 2013

Great!
By gdb85

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. It looks great and I like the features it has. This is my first car that has four wheel drive and it makes such a difference when driving during winter weather. It's amazing!

I like the bluetooth connectivity and it works very well for me. I also enjoy the seat warmers and the sunroof. I love the design of the car!

The engine lacks a bit of power, with a very noticeable difference when the air conditioner is on. It says a lot about engine performance if the a/c saps enough power that it causes noticeable performance differences.

Solid machine
By 7hegreat1

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2013 impreza 5spd since I cant afford a wrx or sti and while it lacks power I cant complain. It's a solid car, avg mpg I have had as low as 14.1 and as high as 35.6 according to digital read out. I tend to drive it like its a fully built sti wot and wrap out every gear...... On my way to work. It's great in the snow, turn traction control off and you feel like Tanner Faust. Its well ballanced and the pedals feel pretty good. (distance wise for heel toe in the snow clutch feels a little soft compared to the stage 2 and 3 clutches im used to) but its not a sports car. I love the fact my oil filter is on top of the motor for easy access and u dont have to remove any splash guards

REAL AWD system!!! Do research!!!! Car dosent hate being down shifted ( feels almost as willing as s2000) Oil Filter on top is the greatest idea in the world. It's abilty to out perform almost everyone in the snow. In the snow I tend to double the speed of big suv's and other vehicles with no fear, I also feel like its a gtr at a red light by the time im in 3rd gear doing fiffty I have train lengths on other traffic. It flashes a bunch of lights at me and dosent sound happy but it does it. When sliding it with tc on it makes an awful abs noise with out me pressing break. I get this thing sideways every chance I get in the snow and havent wrecked it yet. Confidence in motion!!!

My biggest complaint other then lack of power is the hand brake is to close to the driver. I can tell it was rhd vehicle orginaly, you moved the steering wheel and pedals but forgot the hand brake. Slightly wider tires would also be a plus. A stronger clutch a tranny to deal with my abuse would also be great. I also wish subaru would quit trying to apeal to the masses and buy back their 14% from toyota. Why when the sti was first introduced to us it was 27000. It now has 5 more hp and starts at 37000. Now that the sti has made its mark and people want it, you jack up the price. You would sell 5x more if you left at the 30 range.

Good Car except for a few details.
By mossman11

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have a '13 Limited Sedan, and agree with others here that the Stereo and Tires are two weak spots. Replaced both on mine, along with the speakers, and the car rides quieter and I enjoy my aftermarket Eclipse unit with NAV after using it in my last car and transferring it over to the Subaru. Otherwise, mine is well made and has no rattles after 8,000 miles. The paint is holding up, no stone chips. A/C good, plenty of heat and the heated seats are a nice feature. The leather, while not luxurious, appears very durable.

Easy to replace the Stereo, nice '17 rims for summer use, rides smoothly even with the 17s, nice build quality, and visibility is excellent. Handles well, and has good pep on the low end or while climbing hills. Very roomy interior.

Have Yokohama provide a quieter all-season tire as most Subaru owners will not want to buy winter tires. The stock tires are more for summer use, do not have sipes to grip in winter. Offer the Harmon-Kardon audio upgrade. Add a temperature gauge to the instrument cluster.

• SUV