Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

An excellent all-round small car
By Robert Eisenstein

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

While one can't give the Impreza the highest marks in every categorie, the fact that it is at least competent in every way makes it very pleasant to own and drive. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to, but it is undeniably efficient. There's no manual available at the Premium trim level. The car isn't exactly underpowered, but it certainly isn't overwhelming. The paddle shifters simulating real gears are helpful for passing and steep downhills. The road noise level is pretty high. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great seats, simple and clear displays, incredible cargo space for a small car, and fun enough to drive. I've grown quite fond of it!

Bought it for the kid, But I kept it
By John Robertson

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I wish I had a few upgrades, but the best car ever. Noisy on the highway, but use it mostly around town

First Car Buyers DREAM!
By Zach Floyd

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars before purchasing my 2013 Impreza wagon. Everything from a 1966 vw to a 2005 rav4. I have owned my car for exactly 1 year as of today. I ABSOLUTELY love my Subaru. I have put 23k miles on it from the day i drove it off the lot. I got the pearl white with off white interior. The pearl white is a very beautiful color. You can really tell the difference in shine when its next to a regular white car. The white interior is somewhat boring and basic, nothing to exciting. What i don't like about the light colored cloth interior is literally anything on your hands or clothes transfers to it. What i love about the fabric is how easy these stains are to remove. Ive never had a car that cleans up as easy as this one. Subaru designs their cars to be used very hard and it shows. Ive spilled coffee on the daily in this mean machine, all over the white interior. You would never know if i didn't tell you. The cabin is ridiculously spacious. From the outside it doesnt seem like it could possibly be as big as it is. The rear seats are unlike any other 4 door. Im 6ft tall and refuse to ride in the back of any vehicle. And I feel right at home in the back of this car. The leg room is ridiculous for rear seats! Subaru actually designed these seats to be sat in! Unlike any other car with a "back seat". This car fits 5 adults easily, I have done it with no complaining. I only run premium gas in my cars, I avg. about 32 mpgs, which is fa nominal for an AWD vehicle. I live up in the snow, my initial reason for buying a Subaru, i need 4x4 or AWD. I have put this car to the test when it comes to commuting in storms. It simply will not break traction. I have tried! Turning sharp and punching it on snow with the traction control off and still even then refuses to lose traction. Yes the 2.0i pzev is absolutely gutless when it comes to power. But seriously what do you expect! It cant do it all! If your looking for power get a wrx and spend the money on gas. I didnt buy a car for power i bought it for the convince thats packed to the wall. Cheap, reliable, great mpg, awd, clean looks, and roomy! I loved this car so much, after just a few months we bought one for my girlfriend.

LovemyPrez
By Terri Repovich

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable car! Safe, fun, to drive, stable

My First Subaru and I am Impressed
By Omar

2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife. Since we live in Colorado, I wanted them to be safe. ***You must change the tires, the stock tires are bad***. I ended up changing to Michelin Premier A/S and I am getting 100% traction satisfaction and safety. When I drive it, I take the corners fast and the Subaru is fun to drive. The handling in all weather is excellent including snow, off course with the Michelin tires only. I am getting 29 city and 37 Hwy after I changed the tires. Before it was 25/ 34. The acceleration is OK but is not a fast car WRX fast. If you are looking for a fast car WRX is the one. If you are looking for a fun and safe car all weather, this is it.