Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

An excellent all-round small car
By Robert Eisenstein

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

While one can't give the Impreza the highest marks in every categorie, the fact that it is at least competent in every way makes it very pleasant to own and drive. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to, but it is undeniably efficient. There's no manual available at the Premium trim level. The car isn't exactly underpowered, but it certainly isn't overwhelming. The paddle shifters simulating real gears are helpful for passing and steep downhills. The road noise level is pretty high. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great seats, simple and clear displays, incredible cargo space for a small car, and fun enough to drive. I've grown quite fond of it!

2013 Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Excessive Oil
By DvaderTheForce

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We own a 2013 Subaru Impreza 4 Sedan Premium:

While my wife was driving our car, the low engine oil light came on, then went off about 10 minutes later. I checked the oil it was maybe a 1/4 of an inch below the low line/dot. Brought it to the dealer, and was told it was down 3/4 to 1 quart. It was around 2,850 miles since our last oil & filter change from that dealer. We have around 23,000 miles on the vehicle, mainly highway use, it sits in a garage when not being used, so we do not need to let it sit, and idle to clear it off from the winter elements, and it gets oil & filter changes every 6 months by the same Subaru dealership.

Currently we will be bringing in our vehicle for the 2nd part of the oil consumption test.

Our issue is not only with oil consumption which the dealership tried to previously say was normal, but also with both Subaru’s paint, and the ease at which the side panels dent, in addition to the oil issue. This is a 3 year old vehicle, which looks worse for wear vs our 2006 Hyundai Accent, which cost approximately $10 K less vs our Subaru.

Subaru told us the paint was normal wear/tear for road conditions, weather, etc., and again I said, if that is the case explain why of our vehicles we have owned during our lives never had the same issues (with 1 exception), and why 2006 Hyundai Accent shows none of the same wear, even though it went through similar driving conditions, and weather also. Subaru agreed to a 1 time repainting of the hood only, without admitting to any issues on their part, stating it was “Good Will”, they did not cover the door pillars, and most importantly the front bumper, we also have some scratches on the trunk, don’t know how those got there. I did get the hood repainted which appears better vs the original paint job, at least at this time. Subaru did not have us sign a release for the repainting, which I ended up bringing back to the dealership as paint bleed through to our front driver, and passenger windows, which had to be cleaned up/corrected by the body shop.

Regarding the panels denting easily, the door guards appear notably thinner on the Subaru, and to me if pushed on with minimal force, seem softer. I am obviously not an expert, but I have witnessed my Hyundai get struck by a large suv’s door, and no dent. For the 2 dents on our Subaru’s driver side, 1 was due to a shopping cart which was blown due to the wind, the loose cart rolled on a slight downhill slope a short distance, and caused a small dent. The other we did not see take place, appears an suv or truck opened their door into our vehicle, but are dismayed at the size, and depth of the indentation.

Not only do we feel we are going to get less for our vehicle due to the oil consumption issue, even if an issue is found, and corrected, but also the vehicles appearance. I know diminished value claims can be difficult to prove, but it appears the oil consumption issue was going on for years, and it appears I am not the only one voicing concerns about the issues.

Interior when driving loud, and we have an occasional rattle in the washboard.

******This will be our first, and last Subaru. We may even trade it in, and buy a Honda or a Hyundai again*****

Bought it for the kid, But I kept it
By John Robertson

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I wish I had a few upgrades, but the best car ever. Noisy on the highway, but use it mostly around town

First Car Buyers DREAM!
By Zach Floyd

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars before purchasing my 2013 Impreza wagon. Everything from a 1966 vw to a 2005 rav4. I have owned my car for exactly 1 year as of today. I ABSOLUTELY love my Subaru. I have put 23k miles on it from the day i drove it off the lot. I got the pearl white with off white interior. The pearl white is a very beautiful color. You can really tell the difference in shine when its next to a regular white car. The white interior is somewhat boring and basic, nothing to exciting. What i don't like about the light colored cloth interior is literally anything on your hands or clothes transfers to it. What i love about the fabric is how easy these stains are to remove. Ive never had a car that cleans up as easy as this one. Subaru designs their cars to be used very hard and it shows. Ive spilled coffee on the daily in this mean machine, all over the white interior. You would never know if i didn't tell you. The cabin is ridiculously spacious. From the outside it doesnt seem like it could possibly be as big as it is. The rear seats are unlike any other 4 door. Im 6ft tall and refuse to ride in the back of any vehicle. And I feel right at home in the back of this car. The leg room is ridiculous for rear seats! Subaru actually designed these seats to be sat in! Unlike any other car with a "back seat". This car fits 5 adults easily, I have done it with no complaining. I only run premium gas in my cars, I avg. about 32 mpgs, which is fa nominal for an AWD vehicle. I live up in the snow, my initial reason for buying a Subaru, i need 4x4 or AWD. I have put this car to the test when it comes to commuting in storms. It simply will not break traction. I have tried! Turning sharp and punching it on snow with the traction control off and still even then refuses to lose traction. Yes the 2.0i pzev is absolutely gutless when it comes to power. But seriously what do you expect! It cant do it all! If your looking for power get a wrx and spend the money on gas. I didnt buy a car for power i bought it for the convince thats packed to the wall. Cheap, reliable, great mpg, awd, clean looks, and roomy! I loved this car so much, after just a few months we bought one for my girlfriend.

LovemyPrez
By Terri Repovich

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable car! Safe, fun, to drive, stable