Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

First Car Buyers DREAM!
By Zach Floyd

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars before purchasing my 2013 Impreza wagon. Everything from a 1966 vw to a 2005 rav4. I have owned my car for exactly 1 year as of today. I ABSOLUTELY love my Subaru. I have put 23k miles on it from the day i drove it off the lot. I got the pearl white with off white interior. The pearl white is a very beautiful color. You can really tell the difference in shine when its next to a regular white car. The white interior is somewhat boring and basic, nothing to exciting. What i don't like about the light colored cloth interior is literally anything on your hands or clothes transfers to it. What i love about the fabric is how easy these stains are to remove. Ive never had a car that cleans up as easy as this one. Subaru designs their cars to be used very hard and it shows. Ive spilled coffee on the daily in this mean machine, all over the white interior. You would never know if i didn't tell you. The cabin is ridiculously spacious. From the outside it doesnt seem like it could possibly be as big as it is. The rear seats are unlike any other 4 door. Im 6ft tall and refuse to ride in the back of any vehicle. And I feel right at home in the back of this car. The leg room is ridiculous for rear seats! Subaru actually designed these seats to be sat in! Unlike any other car with a "back seat". This car fits 5 adults easily, I have done it with no complaining. I only run premium gas in my cars, I avg. about 32 mpgs, which is fa nominal for an AWD vehicle. I live up in the snow, my initial reason for buying a Subaru, i need 4x4 or AWD. I have put this car to the test when it comes to commuting in storms. It simply will not break traction. I have tried! Turning sharp and punching it on snow with the traction control off and still even then refuses to lose traction. Yes the 2.0i pzev is absolutely gutless when it comes to power. But seriously what do you expect! It cant do it all! If your looking for power get a wrx and spend the money on gas. I didnt buy a car for power i bought it for the convince thats packed to the wall. Cheap, reliable, great mpg, awd, clean looks, and roomy! I loved this car so much, after just a few months we bought one for my girlfriend.

LovemyPrez
By Terri Repovich

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable car! Safe, fun, to drive, stable

My First Subaru and I am Impressed
By Omar

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife. Since we live in Colorado, I wanted them to be safe. ***You must change the tires, the stock tires are bad***. I ended up changing to Michelin Premier A/S and I am getting 100% traction satisfaction and safety. When I drive it, I take the corners fast and the Subaru is fun to drive. The handling in all weather is excellent including snow, off course with the Michelin tires only. I am getting 29 city and 37 Hwy after I changed the tires. Before it was 25/ 34. The acceleration is OK but is not a fast car WRX fast. If you are looking for a fast car WRX is the one. If you are looking for a fun and safe car all weather, this is it.

Love my Impreza Sport Limited!
By Eric Townsend

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Everything about this car is fun and reliable. The engine could use a bit more umph, but when used with the paddle shifters it makes a big difference. This car has it all: Power everything, nice quality leather interior, power moonroof, Bluetooth handsfree and audio, red LED illumination on the floor and dash, auto A/C, Cruise, Tilt, etc... and CVT with paddle shifters that work in either auto or manual mode. The gas mileage is really great. Hwy I get 35 to 38 and city I get a fairly consistent 33. We took this car on a trip to California (from Idaho) last year and using the roof racks, had plenty of room. The mileage dropped significantly while using the roof rack! But, it was still a great trip with zero issues. There isn't really anything I regret about this little car. It's fun and for me, it has been very reliable - except!!! - last week my moonroof exploded on its own accord and threw glass all over the freeway. I guess this is not a rare occurrence and it has since been repaired. All-in-all a fun ride that does great in the snow.

Not What I Expected
By MagDillane

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A disappointment from beginning to end. The low ground clearance created problems entering a slight incline into the garage. Scraped the bottom just about every time. If I went into the garage on a certain angle, no sound. But that was difficult to do since I parked next to another car. The oil consumption problem started at about 15,000 miles and lasted through 19,000 miles. Had to pour in a quart of oil on two different occasions when the light went on. Ended up carrying a quart in the trunk. The local Subaru dealer did two oil changes free and ran an oil consumption test which didn't show up anything. There is a class action suit regarding this problem with certain models. Manual transmission was rough, cornering was below average, noisy interior. I did like the hatchback feature and the clean dashboard. I finally traded it in for a 2015 Mazda 3. Now that is a car.

• SUV