Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

I would avoid subura 2013...
By tina

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had rotors go at 30,000 miles (1 and half years old) The dealer would not honor the warren-tee, instead "turned them" looking for a different car or at least year.. don't get 2013

Loved this car!
By katie anthony

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and never had any problems. Until I became a delivery driver. The tires cannot handle potholes well. At all. I had to change 3 flat tires. But it was awesome in snow storms. I worked at Domino's and they never closed for ANY storm. The only problem I had was the "anti-lock" breaks. Which would actually lock all the time in snow. But I trusted that car in any storm. If I had not gotten into an accident with it, (totally my fault, not the car's) then I would still have it. I miss it.

Great!
By gdb85

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. It looks great and I like the features it has. This is my first car that has four wheel drive and it makes such a difference when driving during winter weather. It's amazing!

I like the bluetooth connectivity and it works very well for me. I also enjoy the seat warmers and the sunroof. I love the design of the car!

The engine lacks a bit of power, with a very noticeable difference when the air conditioner is on. It says a lot about engine performance if the a/c saps enough power that it causes noticeable performance differences.

Good winter driving
By anonymous739

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall happy with purchase. Great for driving in snow. Responsive CVT. Handles very well at all speeds and while turning. Nice quality sound from stereo system . Good rear visibility compared to many cars these days. Car does sit too low to the ground, often scraping snow on streets with the undercarriage, and bumper scrapes while going up/down driveways. Hatch is a bit low on space, especially if using cargo cover. Fuel economy stated by manufacturer is overly optimistic.

You get what you pay for.
By firebladepilot

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Needs more horsepower to drag the AWD system around. Stereo system was so bad I pulled it out after 2 weeks of ownership. Design and quality of the car is above and beyond what I expected in this price range. I have had ZERO problems with my Impreza, the last 4 Toyotas I bought new all had to go back to the dealer for minor problems or recalls, not the little Subaru. Comfortable for long drives and fun on short ones.

Handling and ride quality are excellent for this price range. It's not a Cadillac or a Maserati, get over it. It's got more leg room then any other car in its range, and will haul all the groceries the wife puts in it. Very easy to perform your own maintenance.

MORE POWER ! Same motor is in the BRZ making 180 bhp, Why not in the Impreza? Up grade the sound system to modern expectations. Factory Yokohama tires are a little loud, but grip nice.