2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great!
By gdb85 on 02/22/15 12:35 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. It looks great and I like the features it has. This is my first car that has four wheel drive and it makes such a difference when driving during winter weather. It's amazing!

Good winter driving
By anonymous739 on 01/10/15 02:23 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall happy with purchase. Great for driving in snow. Responsive CVT. Handles very well at all speeds and while turning. Nice quality sound from stereo system . Good rear visibility compared to many cars these days. Car does sit too low to the ground, often scraping snow on streets with the undercarriage, and bumper scrapes while going up/down driveways. Hatch is a bit low on space, especially if using cargo cover. Fuel economy stated by manufacturer is overly optimistic.

You get what you pay for.
By firebladepilot on 08/09/14 05:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Needs more horsepower to drag the AWD system around. Stereo system was so bad I pulled it out after 2 weeks of ownership. Design and quality of the car is above and beyond what I expected in this price range. I have had ZERO problems with my Impreza, the last 4 Toyotas I bought new all had to go back to the dealer for minor problems or recalls, not the little Subaru. Comfortable for long drives and fun on short ones.

Excellent for it intended buyer
By tvtruong on 08/05/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this for for the following reason and so far it has been great at it. - Traction in the snow - Fuel economy - Cargo space - Safety rating - Reliability A lot of people seem to have reliability with the car, so far I've had no problem, I hope it will stay that way. It prowess in the snow even exceeded my expectation. With a set of Michelin winter tires, it feel like driving in the summer.

Strengths and weaknesses what I thought they would be.
By lkalliance on 08/01/14 14:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my first Subaru now for over 22,000 miles. After many years on the west coast, I was not used to the level of snow I experience here in Minnesota, and so when it was time for a new car on a budget I found myself choosing between this Subaru (AWD for the weather, decent MPG, bare bones for the rest) and a Nissan Altima (fun to drive, good creature comforts, same weather limitations as my previous Sentra). After over a year of ownership, I'd have to say I got what I expected to get: in city and highway driving in the snow, this is a vast improvement over the sedan I was driving, with reasonable MPG. The interiour is roomy but basic, the creature comforts are poor.

2013 Subaru Impreza is a terrible car
By tammyw4 on 02/21/14 12:41 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been nothing but a problem. It has a terrible ride, gets poor gas mileage and at 24,400 miles chewed a set of tires right off the car. Subaru has to pay to put a new set on becuse it was under warranty. It has been aligned four time, it has had the steering box adjusted and now the AWD disengages in any slippery condition. Subaru is aware of how this car is running particulary with the AWD malfunctions, but Subaru engineering insists that the car is running to specifications. It is a piece of junk and the worst car purchase I have ever made. I have heard of many problems with the 2013's so buyer beware on this model year they are defective.

Solid machine
By 7hegreat1 on 02/16/14 02:22 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2013 impreza 5spd since I cant afford a wrx or sti and while it lacks power I cant complain. It's a solid car, avg mpg I have had as low as 14.1 and as high as 35.6 according to digital read out. I tend to drive it like its a fully built sti wot and wrap out every gear...... On my way to work. It's great in the snow, turn traction control off and you feel like Tanner Faust. Its well ballanced and the pedals feel pretty good. (distance wise for heel toe in the snow clutch feels a little soft compared to the stage 2 and 3 clutches im used to) but its not a sports car. I love the fact my oil filter is on top of the motor for easy access and u dont have to remove any splash guards

Good Car except for a few details.
By mossman11 on 02/06/14 21:10 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have a '13 Limited Sedan, and agree with others here that the Stereo and Tires are two weak spots. Replaced both on mine, along with the speakers, and the car rides quieter and I enjoy my aftermarket Eclipse unit with NAV after using it in my last car and transferring it over to the Subaru. Otherwise, mine is well made and has no rattles after 8,000 miles. The paint is holding up, no stone chips. A/C good, plenty of heat and the heated seats are a nice feature. The leather, while not luxurious, appears very durable.

Falls just short in almost every category
By rallyguy on 01/07/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car in September of 2013. I was looking at several but decided on this as I couldn't afford the gas bill for the premium fuel only WRX and this car still had the famous Subaru AWD but also boasted very good gas mileage. So far at 6000 miles with largely conservative highway driving I am getting worse mileage than my girlfriend's 250hp BMW. Worse mileage. It feels under-powered even for a 148hp car (the dealer says "it will really open up at 10000mi" lol) and the AWD has not been as advertised. I've gotten stuck and had to be pulled out three times on a dirt road that my old sports car did not have trouble with. This car is so close .. but fails.

Pray for me! Its winter.
By gboyce on 11/12/13 13:12 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Pray for me in the snow because this car makes me scared. First my wife wanted it. Now as winter approaches the lowness of the car scares the hell out of me. It is cheaply made and its no frills inside feels it. There is also no center arm rest that makes it extra uncomfortable. We have only 8,000 miles on it and the seats are showing bear wear and tear already and we are not behemoths! The radio is bland and low even at full volume and sound quality is bland. Sounds like an old AM radio from the 60`s. It was only bought for the gas mileage and that's been good but not as advertised-nowhere near the 35 MPH. Worried about winter-does not make me feel safe.