Going on year two of ownership of a 2012 Impreza Premium Sedan. Here is the good; It's a very fun to drive car, and will put a smile on your face every time you drive it on a back road.
The AWD is a lifesaver in the snow and works wonderfully.
The interior controls are laid out nicely, and very easy to use. Now for the not so good; The car lacks overall refinement.
In the cold the engine is noisy, and there is always a delay when selecting gear with the CVT.
The car is very smooth at speed, and the ride is comfortable.
The eco-tires it comes with lack grip and love to slide around.
After only 20,000 miles the interior is FULL of rattles, and the sound system is awful.
-iPod USB connectivity
- Alloy wheels, body colored exterior mirrors, door handles
-almost 30MPG in an AWD car
-cost less than $20,000
-good paint quality
-no reliability issues
- The stereo quality is abysmal at best
- Standard touch screen radio
- the interior is high quality and well put together, but for some reason the two speaker grills by the windshield, and the rear doors rattle
- improve cloth durability on interior
- get rid of delay when selecting gears
- more sound deadening for engine bay
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.