Oil Burner, Sits Too Low
By knahs39 on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the 2012 Impreza hatchback new in July 2012. Since about 12,000 miles, I can't go more than 2,500-3,000 miles without needing a quarter of oil. Dealer says that is typical usage but manual says 7,500 miles between changes. The car does not have the pep my 2004 Impreza had and yet, gets the same gas mileage as the 2004. It also sits too low so you hit every curb or concrete parking barrier. I'm looking to get rid of it and based on this, my third Subaru, will never get another Subaru again.
Favorite Features
Only thing going for this car is All Wheel Drive.
Suggested Improvements
Oil burning issue which, if you google, seems to be a common problem. Car needs a slightly bigger engine. Car sits too low to the ground.
By thebeann
on 09/22/14 09:17 AM (PDT)

Have the same excessive oil use going on with my 2012 Impreza wagon, started around 30,000 miles. Also had tire issue that I got the runaround with (dealer said "it's a tire issue" while tire place said "dealer should fix"...at 10,000 miles had to get a whole new set). Overall I like the ride and cargo space. This is only the 2nd car I have bought in my lifetime (I am in my 40's and drive cars until they stop). After researching Subarus before making the decision, I am disappointed. It also rides very low to the ground, which works fine in my current state of Virginia, but as I am moving to Michigan soon, I think it will be problematic.