2012 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: New WRX Was Worth the Wait

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

New WRX Was Worth the Wait
By 2012wrxguy on

2012 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just picked up my 2012 WRX premium 4 door sedan last week. So far, the car exceeds my expectations. I've wanted a WRX since they came out in 2002, and this one was worth the wait. The updates and body style changes in 2011 are outstanding. My car is dark grey metallic color with black cloth interior and gunmetal grey wheels. The car looks aggressive, tough, and almost sinister. Parked next to a 2012 Impreza (non WRX), the Impreza looks as exciting as a rocking chair.

I love the fact that the car is a perfectly comfortable daily driver with heated seats that are very comfortable and reasonable mileage when driven "normally." But who am I kidding? As soon as it's broken in, I'll be into the boost and enjoying my truly favorite feature, the turbo charged boxer engine. The other thing I love is looking out across the big hood scoop and just reminding myself that I can take down nearly every car on the road when I choose to. On top of that, I can do it in the snow.

The factory stereo sounds "muddy" with the radio on. It sounds much better with iPod input or the CD playing. Subaru should offer a Harmon Kardon system like what's offered in the Legacy and Outback. The fuel economy is starting to lag the newer designed cars, but it's not terrible. Otherwise, I have no complaints.