Love my Impreza Sport Limited Hatchback w/Nav and Moonroof
By j_mags on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Ordered the Sport Limited 5dr with Nav and Moonroof back in March 2012. It arrived in June 2012. Using it as my daily commuter driving 80 - 100 miles roundtrip. I am averaging anywhere from 30 - 32 mpg in mixed driving at rush hour. We actually love the Nav system and it did take a bit of getting used to. (300+ page manual - just for Nav alone - separate manual for the rest of the car!) Enjoy the SiriusXM and HD Radio. Heater / AC work well. Driven over 7,000 miles so far.
Favorite Features
The leather seats are very comfortable and I would have like to see them as power options, but it is fine with manual adjustment. Plenty of cup holding options. My tall 14 year old seems to be OK in the back seat. The CVT works well and better mileage can be achieved if you work the paddle shifters well. For example, the CVT likes to downshift when going downhill to employ engine braking, but you can override this with the paddle shifter to gain better mileage from lower engine rev. Good handling in heavy rain and twisty roads. Can't wait for snow! I like the auto headlight / interior display light feature.
Suggested Improvements
I think Subaru could add additional noise dampening elements to make the cabin more quiet. The road noise is not unpleasant, but it could be improved in the next version. I think the heated seat switches should be placed more forward - they are awkwardly at the drivers hip. I want a DIESEL BOXER ENGINE! I hear the XV Crosstrek is getting a rear view monitor... I would have liked to have that as an option on the Impreza.