Horrible gas mileage!!
By unhappy_imprez on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I bought the 2012 Impreza hatchback in January 2012. I've had the car for 4 months now, drivin it 4000 miles, and has not gotten ANYWHERE near the bosted gas mileage they said. The only reason I bought this vehicle was becuase they stated that gas mileage was suppose to get 27-30 city and 35-40 highway. In all reality...it gets 18-22 city and 27-30 highway. So, if anyone is going to buy this for the advertised mileage, don't do it!! I also don't like the fact that the heated seats don't stay on. It turns on and off periodically.
Favorite Features
Liked just about everything else about the car.
Suggested Improvements
re-design your window stickers to show the true gas mileage in the big bold numbers, and put the possible higher gas mileage in the smaller numbers since those figures are the ones that only a very small number of people will get
By llcj727
on 07/31/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

I purchased a 2012 Impreza on 6/29/12 and have put 2800 miles on it. I totaled a 2010 Toyota Yaris in early June leading me to a new car. I purchased the Impreza for the EPA ratings which appeared higher than my previous Yaris. Yaris ratings were 28/35, Imprezza is 28/36. Driving conservatively, I averaged 36-38mpg everywhere in the Yaris. I assumed the Imprezza would do equally if not better. I was wrong. Driving equally, the best MPG I have achieved is 28.6(actual). The trip computer says 31. I have tried and tried and can't seem to even break 30 mpg. Since I bought the car mainly for the MPG I am very disappointed. Dealership says it will get better, but I am almost 3k miles in and it hasn't gotten better. Too late now, but wishing I would have went back with a Toyota.

By dodman1
on 06/08/12 04:15 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Limited Sedan and the mileage has been very close to advertised. I have 1750 miles on the car and have averaged 35 MPG. My driving is mostly rural roads except for a 600 mile road trip thru the Mountains of PA and NY. The car's display MPG has been 1 to 2 miles better than actual, but I have noticed it seems to be getting better with time. My last tank was only about 3/10 of a mile higher than actual. My current tank is one click below a half and I have 310 miles on the trip odometer. I previously drove a Honda Element and I consistently experienced EPA rated MPG so I guess my driving style is conservative. Overall I am very, very happy with the Impreza. I bought it for gas mileage, AWD and comfort, and it delivers all 3 to my total satisfaction.

By sealcove1970
on 06/28/12 18:43 PM (PDT)

I recently purchased a 2012 Impreza because I liked the ones two friends have, and they were reporting great mileage. It is too early to give a definitive comment on my MPG, but so far I am averaging 36 with 40-50mph driving and light traffic. I definitely drive conservatively as well.

By markrt06
on 09/23/12 01:23 AM (PDT)

....buy another tin can Yaris then, not even in the same league with the impreza; your comparison is not valid.