First Subaru
By yorksubaru on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
This is my very first Subaru, and I was a bit hesitant since all I've owned were Hondas and toyotas. But I have to say, I'm impressed with my purchase thus far. This car feels very safe and is a great value for an awd. Fuel efficiency is good, getting on average 29 mpg mostly highway. Not anywhere near the EPA ratings at the dealer, but i anticipate it to improve as its broken in more as I just have 3000 miles (5000 km). Seats are nice and supportive, better than our previous civic which constantly gave me back pains. Styling at the front is kinda boring looking, but the rear looks real sporty. As for acceleration, I won't be in any street races, that's for sure.
Favorite Features
I love the way the car handles, feels like I'm riding on rails. And the side mirrors, good size which prevent any blind spot formation. The seats are very comfortable. Interior design is very well laid out, with the use of high quality materials on the front dash. Bluetooth works seamlessly. It is deceivingly spacious inside and the trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Front design could use some more styling, looks like something from the 90's. I personally don't like the fact that I have to wait for the car to warm up and blue temperature light to go away before driving, as stated by my dealer but that can take upwards of 5 minutes. Is there not an easier way of doing this?
By tomwi53092
on 05/29/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

It's not necessary to idle the car until the blue temperature light goes out. Perhaps not a bad idea during the breaking period, but otherwise, this car is no different than any other car. Just don't do hard acceleration while the engine is cold if you want a long engine life, and you'll be fine.