Best Subaru Yet!
By jcricket on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
This is my third Sooby. It is the most fun. For a car with small dimensions on the outside, it is huge on the inside. I like the ergonomics of the interior - the dash and steering column controls are easy to use; intuitive. Lots of pep, very spirited off the line. With winter tires on (see suggested improvement below) this car can go places my 4x4 pick-up can not go. Good gas mileage too. It started off getting 30 in town and after breaking in for 13,000 miles I get over 40 on highway/country driving trips. This from an AWD! Its a great car to take to the beach or to the mountains with friends. Two of my friends bought Imprezas this year.
Favorite Features
Fits in small parking spaces. CVT transmission: I have mostly driven standards. The CVT is the smoothest automatic transmission I have ever driven. It holds the car at stop signs on steep hills. The paddle shifters are useful for mountain driving and make the driving fun. Great visibility all around.
Suggested Improvements
Supply with different OEM tires. Mine came with Yokohama Avid S34D. These are the lowest rated all season passenger car tires available. They are noisy and, according to consumer reviews, are terrible on wet pavement and even dangerous on snow. These should never be on a Subaru. You should keep these only if you are planning to use a set of dedicated winter tires and/or you live in a desert climate. Fortunately, they wear out quickly so you will be replacing them soon.
By leonardo2
on 07/08/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

Hi jcricket, I test drove this vehicle and noticed it had alot of road noise on highway. Did your new tires resolve that issue? Otherwise I liked it alot. Thanks in advance.