Amazing car
By lovemyswagaru on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I must say that I am unbelievably pleased with my purchase. I have over 3600 miles on my Impreza now, and about to get my first oil change. The gas mileage going 70mph from Virginia beach through the WV moutains was 35MPG, not far from the EPA estimate. The car handles extremely well, and I never felt insecure even in torrential downpours. I could never ask for better brakes. Nothing feels cheap, the interior parts and pieces fit perfectly, and best of all there is absolutely no rattles. The only issue I have with this car, is that the stereo was far under par. But this issue was fixed with a new headunit. Even with the upgraded stock unit, it sounded horrible at any volume over 20.
Favorite Features
Emergency braking, gas mileage, visibility, truck room, rear seat legroom.
Suggested Improvements
The upgraded (6 speaker/no NAV) sound system is absolutely horrible. It had to be replaced within the first 2 weeks of my ownership with a new Pioneer headunit and now it could not sound better!
By tomwi53092
on 05/29/12 09:56 AM (PDT)

No doubt the Pioneer helped, but the speakers are are the real limiting factor. Upgrading the tweeters to the Kicker tweeters gives a substantial sound improvement. Upgrading the door speakers as well gives an additional boost. You'll get great sound from CD or iPod. As for standard analog FM radio, nothing will make that sound good.