2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Big Improvement
By bng77 on 01/13/12 13:23 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is light years ahead of the previous generation Impreza. It looks better, has a much nicer interior, has more room for both passengers and cargo, and handles much better. The 2nd generation CVT is much smoother and more efficient than the old 4 speed automatic transmission it replaces. I just drove it about 60 miles in a snow storm, and even with the lower resistance tires Subaru has switched to, it handled great. I have been averaging 31 MPG in mixed driving which is right where the EPA says it should be. I was able to coax 35 MPG out of my last tank of gas by driving the car more like you would a Prius i.e., easing up on the gas pedal while cruising letting the CVT do its thing.

Sweet HB
By kanjii on 01/13/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the car when I first test drove it with the CVT tranny, but wanted the 5 speed manual. Very happy with the decision. I love the secure feel of AWD and the car is roomy inside. Stereo was OK when listening to the stations, but much better sounds from CDs and MP3. Exterior is beautiful and the rims are awesome. Engine is good, not a racy type of engine at all. Throttle response is slow, but still fun to drive, especially around curves. The Yokohama tires hold the dry pavement great, but will know soon about the wet and snow.

good car and bad luck?
By quinn2012 on 01/11/12 20:30 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just have a brand new 2012 Impreza basic model for a week. Good power, smooth CVT transmission, relatively high MPG, and large interior space. Everything works great until I had a flat tire during a long trip. The tire shop cannot find any object in the tire and suggested a possible manufacturing defect. I only have 250 miles on that car.

Great Car
By fearlessone on 12/30/11 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I travel a lot for work and I try pretty much every model in this segment. I was given the chance to drive the older model of the Impreza and I like the car capability but not the interior. At 6'2'' the new version is way better then the old one. It more refine and controls are well position. I was looking for a fun car to drive that I could rely on for the winter (+ top safety pick). I did a test drive in a middle of a winter storm and it was impressive. The car visibility is great and the car stick to the road like glue even under very strong winds. Great car recommend it to everyone.

2012 Subaru Impreza - Premium - 4 door
By hollenway on 12/29/11 09:52 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

First of all - let me say that when we went looking for a new car we looked at everything in this car's price range. The Subaru ( imho) provides the best value for the dollar and does everything we want it to do. Great power, good fuel economy ( 34 mpg on first tank ) and seems built like a little tank. Easy to get in and out of - huge trunk - great visibility - and all weather dependability. Our car has the CVT and we find it very smooth - the car has done nothing wrong since we bought it - zero defects and looks good sitting in the garage. We're very satisfied !!!!!!!

AWD at its best
By nev1998 on 12/22/11 09:12 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove all the 2wd competitors and even a 35k A3 Quattro and hands Dow the Impreza was top in all things. Yes the A3 had slightly better pickup but this car just handled so much better. This thing is on rails. For anybody looking for a small hatchback this can't be beat and is well worth a look.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$126 per month*