2012 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews 7

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
worth the wait
By sp201200 on 02/04/12 10:23 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

search included painful dealer drives from brand a-z,decision went to impreza; for gas mi, all wheel drive, and leg room (6'4" x 230#'s) front/back. drive from dealer2home 180mi, 68mph, avg 39.5 mpg. with all the negatives we read on style points and ride, i feel the quality of ride and performance for a sedan (limited w/o bells/whstles) price 21.5K. i did feel the intial leg work was worth it. went online and found the process painless in finding a dealer that would find the car that met our needs, just the limited with leather w/o elctronic bells/whtls. the interior will fit 4adults w/luggage. the 2nd choice was the legacy. it is our first subaru

My First Brand New Car
By jaycab on 02/02/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Did not regret my decision on my purchase. Love my Subaru especially in Ohio. Awesome to be one of the first owners in this head turner. The only thing that bothers me is the MPG. I have been only averaging 28 MPG in the last 400 miles the car ran so far. And the drive is mostly highway. But other than that it is still worth every $$.

2012 So Far So Good
By bg18947 on 01/14/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the Impreza for about 5 weeks now and I don't have any complaints (except for the cheap vinyl on the sun visors). For the price, it meets my expectations. This car replaces our older 00 Legacy GT Ltd. It is light and nimble. We also tested in comparison: Volvo S60 T6; Audi A4 Avant; Toyota Venza; Ford Edge SEL; Kia Optima, Sportage, Sorento. My wife decided to choose the car on a pre-order sight unseen as she is happy with her decision. We could easily afford more car, but she is very satisfied with the new Impreza.

Big Improvement
By bng77 on 01/13/12 13:23 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is light years ahead of the previous generation Impreza. It looks better, has a much nicer interior, has more room for both passengers and cargo, and handles much better. The 2nd generation CVT is much smoother and more efficient than the old 4 speed automatic transmission it replaces. I just drove it about 60 miles in a snow storm, and even with the lower resistance tires Subaru has switched to, it handled great. I have been averaging 31 MPG in mixed driving which is right where the EPA says it should be. I was able to coax 35 MPG out of my last tank of gas by driving the car more like you would a Prius i.e., easing up on the gas pedal while cruising letting the CVT do its thing.

Sweet HB
By kanjii on 01/13/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the car when I first test drove it with the CVT tranny, but wanted the 5 speed manual. Very happy with the decision. I love the secure feel of AWD and the car is roomy inside. Stereo was OK when listening to the stations, but much better sounds from CDs and MP3. Exterior is beautiful and the rims are awesome. Engine is good, not a racy type of engine at all. Throttle response is slow, but still fun to drive, especially around curves. The Yokohama tires hold the dry pavement great, but will know soon about the wet and snow.

good car and bad luck?
By quinn2012 on 01/11/12 20:30 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just have a brand new 2012 Impreza basic model for a week. Good power, smooth CVT transmission, relatively high MPG, and large interior space. Everything works great until I had a flat tire during a long trip. The tire shop cannot find any object in the tire and suggested a possible manufacturing defect. I only have 250 miles on that car.

Great Car
By fearlessone on 12/30/11 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I travel a lot for work and I try pretty much every model in this segment. I was given the chance to drive the older model of the Impreza and I like the car capability but not the interior. At 6'2'' the new version is way better then the old one. It more refine and controls are well position. I was looking for a fun car to drive that I could rely on for the winter (+ top safety pick). I did a test drive in a middle of a winter storm and it was impressive. The car visibility is great and the car stick to the road like glue even under very strong winds. Great car recommend it to everyone.

2012 Subaru Impreza - Premium - 4 door
By hollenway on 12/29/11 09:52 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

First of all - let me say that when we went looking for a new car we looked at everything in this car's price range. The Subaru ( imho) provides the best value for the dollar and does everything we want it to do. Great power, good fuel economy ( 34 mpg on first tank ) and seems built like a little tank. Easy to get in and out of - huge trunk - great visibility - and all weather dependability. Our car has the CVT and we find it very smooth - the car has done nothing wrong since we bought it - zero defects and looks good sitting in the garage. We're very satisfied !!!!!!!

AWD at its best
By nev1998 on 12/22/11 09:12 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove all the 2wd competitors and even a 35k A3 Quattro and hands Dow the Impreza was top in all things. Yes the A3 had slightly better pickup but this car just handled so much better. This thing is on rails. For anybody looking for a small hatchback this can't be beat and is well worth a look.