2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews 4

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Did NOT let me down!
By tbuchanan on 02/21/12 12:33 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 1999 Subaru Impreza and loved everything about it until it died. I just (less than a week ago) leased a 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback, the 5-speed. Being a lover of the stick shift I was pleasantly surprised. My last stick shift could barely make it up a specific hill in 3rd gear and let me tell you this impreza cruized on up in 5th gear - at 6mph none the less! Some claim the interior is less than perfect, but come on when has Subaru been on the leading edge of sync technology or anything like that. If you are driving a subaru it is becuase of the AWD and reliability. So far I love it, but then it has only been 3 days. I will post an update in a few weeks/months!

Great car for the money
By sanirudh on 02/20/12 16:46 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the Impreza for about 800+ miles now. I find that the car handles well and keeps me on the road where many other cars would falter. The car is tremendously versatile with regards to its cargo space, with the roof rails and the foldable rear seats.

Major Things Great, Some Minor Things Not, OUTRAGEOUS SOUND SYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
By rickrobin on 02/12/12 14:17 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

A very different kind of car to drive, esp with the CVT. But once you get used to it, you can make it do whatever you want, with your foot, or the shifter paddles on the steering wheel. There are some ergonomics and tire/wind/vent noise problems, though. And-ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE-YOU CANNOT USE THE TONE CONTROLS WHEN THE CAR IS MOVING, nor turn on/off HD radio, nor use speed dial presets. When did Subaru replace the legislatures in this country? Meanwhile, the poorly placed front cup holders are far more dangerous. Subaru's answer to that? Manual pg. 6-6: Don't use them when the car is moving! Inconsistent, self-serving, outrageous.

My First Brand New Car
By jaycab on 02/02/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Did not regret my decision on my purchase. Love my Subaru especially in Ohio. Awesome to be one of the first owners in this head turner. The only thing that bothers me is the MPG. I have been only averaging 28 MPG in the last 400 miles the car ran so far. And the drive is mostly highway. But other than that it is still worth every $$.

2012 So Far So Good
By bg18947 on 01/14/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the Impreza for about 5 weeks now and I don't have any complaints (except for the cheap vinyl on the sun visors). For the price, it meets my expectations. This car replaces our older 00 Legacy GT Ltd. It is light and nimble. We also tested in comparison: Volvo S60 T6; Audi A4 Avant; Toyota Venza; Ford Edge SEL; Kia Optima, Sportage, Sorento. My wife decided to choose the car on a pre-order sight unseen as she is happy with her decision. We could easily afford more car, but she is very satisfied with the new Impreza.

Big Improvement
By bng77 on 01/13/12 13:23 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is light years ahead of the previous generation Impreza. It looks better, has a much nicer interior, has more room for both passengers and cargo, and handles much better. The 2nd generation CVT is much smoother and more efficient than the old 4 speed automatic transmission it replaces. I just drove it about 60 miles in a snow storm, and even with the lower resistance tires Subaru has switched to, it handled great. I have been averaging 31 MPG in mixed driving which is right where the EPA says it should be. I was able to coax 35 MPG out of my last tank of gas by driving the car more like you would a Prius i.e., easing up on the gas pedal while cruising letting the CVT do its thing.

Sweet HB
By kanjii on 01/13/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the car when I first test drove it with the CVT tranny, but wanted the 5 speed manual. Very happy with the decision. I love the secure feel of AWD and the car is roomy inside. Stereo was OK when listening to the stations, but much better sounds from CDs and MP3. Exterior is beautiful and the rims are awesome. Engine is good, not a racy type of engine at all. Throttle response is slow, but still fun to drive, especially around curves. The Yokohama tires hold the dry pavement great, but will know soon about the wet and snow.