2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I love everything about it.
By mqbruno on 09/22/12 19:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I drove every small car and just couldn't decide until the 2012 redesigned Impreza finally came out. It's extremely comfortable, has plenty of pickup, and is just the right size. Of course the all wheel drive is a plus and on my first all highway trip got 40 mpg.

One of the bettter vehicles, but not perfect
By nyken on 09/21/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Impreza Sport Premium two months ago and have put almost 2K miles on it . In general I am very pleased with the Impreza. The styling is far better than for past Impreza models. The interior is roomy and comfortable.Visability is excellent. It drives and handles very well, almost sport like. Gas mileage has been just about what is advertised. I am getting 30 MPG for a mix of highway and city driving. Now all that being said there are a few things about this vehicle that I am not that impressed with. First is the amount of road and tire noise. It is downright loud on some road surfaces. There is also a delay in shifting from reverse to drive.

Awesome car, love it!
By cbtx01 on 09/13/12 13:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car for 2 weeks, I've got just under 1k miles on it. The bluetooth connection is easy to use with my phone. It passed the "mom" test - she can never understand me on regular headsets, even jawbone. She said I was loud and clear in the car. The front seats are really comfortable, I love the shape of the seat back and the adjustable headrest. Most car seats give me headaches because they dish back for the shoulders and the headrest pushes forward giving me bad posture. This is the first one in a long time that fits me. My husband has plenty room and is comfortable too and he's a big guy. I'm averaging 33mpg as i expected, same I was getting with my civic ex.

Constantly Amazed With This Car
By dodman1 on 09/12/12 04:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have 4300 miles on my 2012 Limited Sedan and I could not be happier. I read some of the bad reviews and don't understand how anyone could give this car a bad review. It was very inexpensive and I am amazed by the overall experience. It rides great, handles very well, looks good, has many great features, performs well for it's class, and returns excellent gas mileage. And let's not forget the AWD. Really folks, this is not a $60,000 premium sedan. It is however, an excellent car for a very reasonable price. I consistently get between 33 and 35 miles to the gallon with a mix of highway and country road driving. Buy this car before Subaru realizes they priced it too low!!!

Love my Impreza Sport Limited Hatchback w/Nav and Moonroof
By j_mags on 09/05/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ordered the Sport Limited 5dr with Nav and Moonroof back in March 2012. It arrived in June 2012. Using it as my daily commuter driving 80 - 100 miles roundtrip. I am averaging anywhere from 30 - 32 mpg in mixed driving at rush hour. We actually love the Nav system and it did take a bit of getting used to. (300+ page manual - just for Nav alone - separate manual for the rest of the car!) Enjoy the SiriusXM and HD Radio. Heater / AC work well. Driven over 7,000 miles so far.

I love my Impreza!!!!!
By ryanlongacre on 08/08/12 22:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For years I've been driving Toyota's. When it came time for me to buy a new car though, I wanted something different. I found the different in a brand new 2012 Subaru Impreza Premium. So far, it is AMAZING!!!! I've never been excited about a car, but this I'm pinching myself going, "Hey, this really is your car....this isn't a dream." I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I do plan to update this review in time to point out any problems or issues I've come across.

Excellent value, wish there were more luxury and safety options
By gtp3 on 08/01/12 17:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm happy with this car and it's an excellent value. It's fun to drive, has plenty of space for a small car, and is very practical. But there is also significant room for improvement; I wish there was a way to pay more to get more but Subaru doesn't offer any higher options. When I was shopping for a new car I wanted a small, efficient hatchback, wagon, or SUV with RWD or AWD (I'm sick of FWD cars). Audi A3 and Nissan Juke don't have enough driver head room. Toyota Matrix is totally outdated and just lame. Mini Countryman is unreliable and ugly. So that left the Impreza as the only remaining option. (I would have preferred a BMW 1-series hatchback but they're not sold in USA.)

Don't believe the EPA ratings
By llcj727 on 07/31/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I totaled a 2010 Yaris in a rainstorm in early June. It's EPA ratings were 28/35. I was looking to find a car with similar ratings, but also wanted a little better styling. I drove a Civic, Accord, and the Impreza. I liked the feel of the Impreza and assumed the EPA sticker (28/36) would lead me to a overall better car. I drive very conservatively and my Yaris gave me 36-38 mpg everywhere. I have driven my Impreza the same and the best I have yet to yield is 28.6. I have 2800 miles on the car so far. The dealership claims it gets better after 4-5k miles. I doubt it. I feel the EPA stickers on these cars should be lowered in order to not mislead consumers looking for a certain fuel economy.

A great car, for the most part
By nkrish on 07/30/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I initially got the car, it was winter and I did get some not-so-impressive mileage ratings which made me think I had made a bad decision, since mpg was one of the biggest factors for buying this vehicle. But it got better in a few months after getting it - either because the engine was broken in, or because it is summer now. I am happier now than I was then. Some minor issues prevent me from giving it an awesome rating.

Best Subaru Yet!
By jcricket on 07/02/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my third Sooby. It is the most fun. For a car with small dimensions on the outside, it is huge on the inside. I like the ergonomics of the interior - the dash and steering column controls are easy to use; intuitive. Lots of pep, very spirited off the line. With winter tires on (see suggested improvement below) this car can go places my 4x4 pick-up can not go. Good gas mileage too. It started off getting 30 in town and after breaking in for 13,000 miles I get over 40 on highway/country driving trips. This from an AWD! Its a great car to take to the beach or to the mountains with friends. Two of my friends bought Imprezas this year.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$126 per month*