Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Big Disappointment - Oil Burning and Other Problems
By jbv1105

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car, with only 26,000 miles on it, has not lived up to my expectations for build quality and reliability. The car burned oil at an alarming rate. One dealer claimed there was nothing wrong, then a second finally agreed there was an issue after the car failed an oil consumption test. They replaced the entire engine under warranty. Also I had an ignition problem, which had to be addressed due to the car not starting. Additionally, the car's battery was defective and had to be replaced. The Bluetooth on this vehicle is terrible, won't connect and has had to be replaced. There are unsettling rattles in the dashboard and excessive wind and road noise. I plan to get rid of this car.

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, versatile hatchback design.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, build quality, engines that burn oil, poor sound insulation, rattles, rubbery and finicky manual transmission, Bluetooth, manual needs a 6th gear, excessive rust, sluggish performance especially in 3rd-5th gear.

WORST CAR I have EVER owned - and I've owned some crappy cars
By medic0749

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a piece of crap. I bought this worthless excuse of a vehicle for 24,000.00 and it had 9 miles on it, that was 45 days ago. This "reliable" POS has been in the shop for repairs twice. It's "AWD" has put me in the ditch once already with a couple other near misses. I've been driving vehicles for over 20 years, I drive an ambulance for a living. I've never been in the ditch before owning this lame car. I used to own a 2001 subary impreza, what happened in 10 years. You really put your name on this POS? Most god awful, piece of junk on the road under the false pretense of 37 mpg (LOL!) and reliable? C'mon into the dealers twice in under 45 days! Get the extended warranty. 500miles

Favorite Features

The extended Warranty - it's the only thing that piece of garbage has going for it. 500 miles on it.

Suggested Improvements

Fire your engineers, rehire the ones from a decade+ back, can the low ball parts and go back to making (UL) reliable cars. I feel certain the warranty on this POS is going to bankrupt you. You should be ashamed of yourselves selling that garbage and calling it "reliable", "economical" or even putting the name Subaru on it. I'm literally disgusted with you as a company. This is the first brand new car I've bought since 2005 and I just threw out $24,000.00 with nothing in return but a problem. Thanks. P.S. 500 miles on it. Tranny clunks, clutch sticks, doors won't close, hood won't close, trunk won't close, VERY hard start, brights don't work, car literally smells foul. Despicable!