2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil Burner, Sits Too Low
By knahs39 on 06/23/14 06:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2012 Impreza hatchback new in July 2012. Since about 12,000 miles, I can't go more than 2,500-3,000 miles without needing a quarter of oil. Dealer says that is typical usage but manual says 7,500 miles between changes. The car does not have the pep my 2004 Impreza had and yet, gets the same gas mileage as the 2004. It also sits too low so you hit every curb or concrete parking barrier. I'm looking to get rid of it and based on this, my third Subaru, will never get another Subaru again.

The More I Drive It the More I Like It
By 1stsubaru on 06/10/12 12:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base model 5 speed Impreza sedan with over 2500 miles on it, the only options being the all weather mats (which are nice) and a jack for an ipod or something. This is my first Subaru, which I purchased as it's the first Subaru that appears to get decent fuel economy. I've only been in snow a few times, the most being about 5 to 6 inches which presented no problems in spite of the poorly rated tires. Average mileage for mainly stop and go with short highway driving has been 27 mpg to 28 mpg, which seems as rated. I drove sport bikes for over twenty years and don't expect cars that I'm willing to pay for to provide the performance levels that I was accustomed to, so for me cars are just comfortable transportation and the Impreza is fine. The Impreza hp is about the same as a Ford OHV Taurus, the torque about 20 lbs/ft less, we.ve done many road trips in a Taurus with a family of five so I expect the Impreza can do the same.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*