Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Not What I expected in a Subaru
By Bob

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 4 short years and am very disappointed in this vehicle, already back for 3 recalls, and 3 times back to dealership for warning light problems. The car is noisy inside when traveling a highway, made rather cheaply as I have already lost one of the fog light covers, it just fell off, too low to the ground as you feel each bump and very hard to drive through snow as the car bottoms out on the snow. A/c doesn't get car cooled enough in Summer heat. Already have a hole in driver seat because of metal inside the seat, dealer won't even acknowledge it. The shift got stuck in park and won't go into reverse or drive until I took a screwdriver and pushed it into the emergency release switch. Bringing the car back in once again next week for warning lights and now the shift. Would not buy Subaru again

Did NOT let me down!
By tbuchanan

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 1999 Subaru Impreza and loved everything about it until it died.
I just (less than a week ago) leased a 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback, the 5-speed.

Being a lover of the stick shift I was pleasantly surprised.
My last stick shift could barely make it up a specific hill in 3rd gear and let me tell you this impreza cruized on up in 5th gear - at 6mph none the less!

Some claim the interior is less than perfect, but come on when has Subaru been on the leading edge of sync technology or anything like that.
If you are driving a subaru it is becuase of the AWD and reliability.

So far I love it, but then it has only been 3 days.
I will post an update in a few weeks/months!

Power of the little engine that could - no complaints at all!!! Of course AWD, I can now visit my parents in the winter months (although I like having the excuse of not being able to make their driveway)

Just a smidgen more ground clearance. Automatically opening back door would be nice! Anti-Dog Hair/Kid Proof Fabric (as if right?!)