2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Love my Impreza Sport Limited Hatchback w/Nav and Moonroof
By j_mags on 09/05/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ordered the Sport Limited 5dr with Nav and Moonroof back in March 2012. It arrived in June 2012. Using it as my daily commuter driving 80 - 100 miles roundtrip. I am averaging anywhere from 30 - 32 mpg in mixed driving at rush hour. We actually love the Nav system and it did take a bit of getting used to. (300+ page manual - just for Nav alone - separate manual for the rest of the car!) Enjoy the SiriusXM and HD Radio. Heater / AC work well. Driven over 7,000 miles so far.

Excellent value, wish there were more luxury and safety options
By gtp3 on 08/01/12 17:17 PM (PDT)

Overall I'm happy with this car and it's an excellent value. It's fun to drive, has plenty of space for a small car, and is very practical. But there is also significant room for improvement; I wish there was a way to pay more to get more but Subaru doesn't offer any higher options. When I was shopping for a new car I wanted a small, efficient hatchback, wagon, or SUV with RWD or AWD (I'm sick of FWD cars). Audi A3 and Nissan Juke don't have enough driver head room. Toyota Matrix is totally outdated and just lame. Mini Countryman is unreliable and ugly. So that left the Impreza as the only remaining option. (I would have preferred a BMW 1-series hatchback but they're not sold in USA.)

Caveat Subaru
By ideafarmer on 06/02/12 12:09 PM (PDT)

First tank: 17mpg, second tank: 22mpg. Third tank ave 24.3 so far. Mileage 600 ish with 65% city and 35% highway. Hoping for higher. Tire noise quite loud. Doors very thin and light. Long shift delay from reverse to drive when cold, puts passengers at risk. Subaru says it’s “normal” essentially placing blame with owner. Tilts in crosswinds at 65mph. Leans too much in corners, but still feels predictable. Overall handling is good. Ride is supple. Brakes feel mushy but work fine. Steering is too heavy at all speeds. Paddle shifting with CVT works well.

Just Delighted!
By djhcwctr on 04/18/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

Just ooh delivery of my Impreza Sport Limited. I've been a diehard stick-shift driver, but have found the CVT really zippy and fun to drive. I commute 50 miles in each direction, nearly all highway. Out of the box, I've consistently been getting an average 37-38 MPG. Sometimes the average momentarily settles over 40! Inside finishes are great. My only complaint is that road noise is noticeable. Extremely happy with my purchase. SO glad I didn't get an prius!

2012 So Far So Good
By bg18947 on 01/14/12 13:29 PM (PST)

I've had the Impreza for about 5 weeks now and I don't have any complaints (except for the cheap vinyl on the sun visors). For the price, it meets my expectations. This car replaces our older 00 Legacy GT Ltd. It is light and nimble. We also tested in comparison: Volvo S60 T6; Audi A4 Avant; Toyota Venza; Ford Edge SEL; Kia Optima, Sportage, Sorento. My wife decided to choose the car on a pre-order sight unseen as she is happy with her decision. We could easily afford more car, but she is very satisfied with the new Impreza.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback in VA is:

$127 per month*