2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil Burner, MPG not as advertised
By movingon1 on 03/14/14 20:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the hatchback with a manual because I was looking for versatility with good mileage. Functionality wise, I'm happy. I'm 6'2" and the car is comfortable on long road trips and you can fit a surprising amount of stuff in the back, especially with the seats down. Also, the car is amazing in the snow. BUT- as others mentioned, the car has started burning oil at 30,000 miles! Almost 2 quarts between oil changes. Add to that the well known not-as-advertised MPG, and I am thinking about trading it in. I have logged every single tank on Fuelly. In the winter, 22 city, 27 highway. In the summer, 25 city 30 highway. It's rare to do better than 30 on the highway, but I drive 70-75.

Sweet HB
By kanjii on 01/13/12 13:22 PM (PST)

Loved the car when I first test drove it with the CVT tranny, but wanted the 5 speed manual. Very happy with the decision. I love the secure feel of AWD and the car is roomy inside. Stereo was OK when listening to the stations, but much better sounds from CDs and MP3. Exterior is beautiful and the rims are awesome. Engine is good, not a racy type of engine at all. Throttle response is slow, but still fun to drive, especially around curves. The Yokohama tires hold the dry pavement great, but will know soon about the wet and snow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback in VA is:

$123 per month*