2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Very Disappointed
By greg1971 on 01/10/15 13:58 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car in February of 2012. Like a lot of other users I noted that my oil usage was terrible. On January 6, 2015 I was in a serious car accident in which I struck the rear end of a truck. My airbags did not deploy and the vehicle immediately caught fire after impact. I am very lucky to be alive, but cannot get any kind of straight answer from Subaru as to why the airbags failed and why a fire started, nor have they expressed any interest in examining the car further.

Major Things Great, Some Minor Things Not, OUTRAGEOUS SOUND SYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
By rickrobin on 02/12/12 14:17 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

A very different kind of car to drive, esp with the CVT. But once you get used to it, you can make it do whatever you want, with your foot, or the shifter paddles on the steering wheel. There are some ergonomics and tire/wind/vent noise problems, though. And-ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE-YOU CANNOT USE THE TONE CONTROLS WHEN THE CAR IS MOVING, nor turn on/off HD radio, nor use speed dial presets. When did Subaru replace the legislatures in this country? Meanwhile, the poorly placed front cup holders are far more dangerous. Subaru's answer to that? Manual pg. 6-6: Don't use them when the car is moving! Inconsistent, self-serving, outrageous.