Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Oil consumption - piece of junk! BEWARE
By markmine

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car new and it was never abused. This is my first Subaru and the awd was appealing. This car is Very disappointing! Around 14k miles the car started burning approx 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles. Subaru said this is normal! I think the new 2.0 engine has problems. The car also sounded like it had a bad wheel bearing, the dealer said the sound is the cvt transmission and again normal. The stereo system is horrible! The build quality is really bad and at 19k miles the car is rattling and gas mileage dropped to 26 mpg. Don't make the same mistake I made, buy a Honda or Toyota and stay away from Subaru!

AWD.

Oil consumption is a real problem as is build quality. Fit and finish not as good as a Honda or Toyota. Road noise is excessive. When the car is started with remote starter, as soon as you open the door, the car turs off. Heat and AC not very good, AC doesn't work very well in hot weather. Ergonomics need improvement, for example the heated seat switch is located under the arm rest.

Constantly Amazed With This Car
By dodman1

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have 4300 miles on my 2012 Limited Sedan and I could not be happier. I read some of the bad reviews and don't understand how anyone could give this car a bad review. It was very inexpensive and I am amazed by the overall experience. It rides great, handles very well, looks good, has many great features, performs well for it's class, and returns excellent gas mileage. And let's not forget the AWD. Really folks, this is not a $60,000 premium sedan. It is however, an excellent car for a very reasonable price. I consistently get between 33 and 35 miles to the gallon with a mix of highway and country road driving. Buy this car before Subaru realizes they priced it too low!!!

AWD Gas Mileage Comfort Styling Bluetooth Interface

Needs a trunk release button on the trunk lid Satellite radio without Navigation Eliminate the downgrade engine braking

I love my Impreza
By impreza2012

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Since I don't believe all they hype in hybrids (i.e. what do you do when the battery dies and you need a new one (A $4k cost) or how do you recycle it?) This is the best normally aspirated engine out there. Yes - I know the Hyundai models are getting 40MPG - but I alternate driving the Impreza vs. my Father-In-Laws Veloster and my Impreza returns better mileage and more acceleration and better handling.

Acceleration, and handling

Navigation system needs tweaking - Allow it to play any dvd movie. Now - you can only play divx content via a usb / thumbdrive - and only when its parked and not moving.

worth the wait
By sp201200

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

search included painful dealer drives from brand a-z,decision went to impreza; for gas mi, all wheel drive, and leg room (6'4" x 230#'s) front/back. drive from dealer2home 180mi, 68mph, avg 39.5 mpg. with all the negatives we read on style points and ride, i feel the quality of ride and performance for a sedan (limited w/o bells/whstles) price 21.5K. i did feel the intial leg work was worth it. went online and found the process painless in finding a dealer that would find the car that met our needs, just the limited with leather w/o elctronic bells/whtls. the interior will fit 4adults w/luggage. the 2nd choice was the legacy. it is our first subaru

interior room (6'4/230, i can ride comforably in the back) for a family is great, compared to other cars, access/comfort to front/rear exceeds every other vehicle we tested with the exception of the jetta. gas mileage appears to hold water, 65-68mph 39.5mpg, to 71mph 36.8mpg. will

should include side door guards

AWD at its best
By nev1998

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove all the 2wd competitors and even a 35k A3 Quattro and hands Dow the Impreza was top in all things. Yes the A3 had slightly better pickup but this car just handled so much better. This thing is on rails. For anybody looking for a small hatchback this can't be beat and is well worth a look.

All wheel drive, limited sound system with navigation, leather seats, sticky 17inch low profile tires, easy access hatch, heated bum in the seats, massive side mirrors, 29 miles to the gallon just driving around town yes beating the stated MPG's easily.

Only one move the reaview mirror up higher. Heated seats for the kids would be nice but most likely not practical.