2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil consumption - piece of junk! BEWARE
By markmine on 02/11/13 17:41 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car new and it was never abused. This is my first Subaru and the awd was appealing. This car is Very disappointing! Around 14k miles the car started burning approx 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles. Subaru said this is normal! I think the new 2.0 engine has problems. The car also sounded like it had a bad wheel bearing, the dealer said the sound is the cvt transmission and again normal. The stereo system is horrible! The build quality is really bad and at 19k miles the car is rattling and gas mileage dropped to 26 mpg. Don't make the same mistake I made, buy a Honda or Toyota and stay away from Subaru!

Constantly Amazed With This Car
By dodman1 on 09/12/12 04:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have 4300 miles on my 2012 Limited Sedan and I could not be happier. I read some of the bad reviews and don't understand how anyone could give this car a bad review. It was very inexpensive and I am amazed by the overall experience. It rides great, handles very well, looks good, has many great features, performs well for it's class, and returns excellent gas mileage. And let's not forget the AWD. Really folks, this is not a $60,000 premium sedan. It is however, an excellent car for a very reasonable price. I consistently get between 33 and 35 miles to the gallon with a mix of highway and country road driving. Buy this car before Subaru realizes they priced it too low!!!

I love my Impreza
By impreza2012 on 06/28/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Since I don't believe all they hype in hybrids (i.e. what do you do when the battery dies and you need a new one (A $4k cost) or how do you recycle it?) This is the best normally aspirated engine out there. Yes - I know the Hyundai models are getting 40MPG - but I alternate driving the Impreza vs. my Father-In-Laws Veloster and my Impreza returns better mileage and more acceleration and better handling.

worth the wait
By sp201200 on 02/04/12 10:23 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

search included painful dealer drives from brand a-z,decision went to impreza; for gas mi, all wheel drive, and leg room (6'4" x 230#'s) front/back. drive from dealer2home 180mi, 68mph, avg 39.5 mpg. with all the negatives we read on style points and ride, i feel the quality of ride and performance for a sedan (limited w/o bells/whstles) price 21.5K. i did feel the intial leg work was worth it. went online and found the process painless in finding a dealer that would find the car that met our needs, just the limited with leather w/o elctronic bells/whtls. the interior will fit 4adults w/luggage. the 2nd choice was the legacy. it is our first subaru

AWD at its best
By nev1998 on 12/22/11 09:12 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove all the 2wd competitors and even a 35k A3 Quattro and hands Dow the Impreza was top in all things. Yes the A3 had slightly better pickup but this car just handled so much better. This thing is on rails. For anybody looking for a small hatchback this can't be beat and is well worth a look.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$127 per month*