2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Mountain moma
By noku on 04/17/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the marine blue Impreza sport limited with moonroof for 10 days. We have a cabin in the NC mountains and drove up there for the first time last weekend. This car is a blast to drive. I used the paddle-shifters on the CVT to precisely control the power up and down the twisting mountain roads. The car performed beautifully...power when needed, engine-braking when required....excellent overall control. I was leery of the CVT but went with it for mpg....glad I did. The car is very well-built..bodes well for reliabilty...this is my first Subaru but friends tell me they're bullet-proof. It is good-looking too....IMHO much better than the overstyled Hundai/Ford offerings

First Brand New Car
By darkblash on 03/14/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Buying a Brand New car is never an excellent value. However, Subaru is not only well know for their exceptional reliability, saftey, and customer loyalty, they are also one of the top brands listed for resale value. When comparing the 2012 impreza on paper to its closest competitors it is not definitively going to jump off the page as the best choice in the segment. That is dependent on what your needs are; if you live in the snow belt, and are interested in upgrading or trading the car 5-10 years down the road, the impreza is a great choice. Many complain about the MPG not reaching 36mpg hwy.

My First Brand New Car
By jaycab on 02/02/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Did not regret my decision on my purchase. Love my Subaru especially in Ohio. Awesome to be one of the first owners in this head turner. The only thing that bothers me is the MPG. I have been only averaging 28 MPG in the last 400 miles the car ran so far. And the drive is mostly highway. But other than that it is still worth every $$.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$127 per month*