Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Mountain moma
By noku

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the marine blue Impreza sport limited with moonroof for 10 days. We have a cabin in the NC mountains and drove up there for the first time last weekend. This car is a blast to drive. I used the paddle-shifters on the CVT to precisely control the power up and down the twisting mountain roads. The car performed beautifully...power when needed, engine-braking when required....excellent overall control. I was leery of the CVT but went with it for mpg....glad I did. The car is very well-built..bodes well for reliabilty...this is my first Subaru but friends tell me they're bullet-proof. It is good-looking too....IMHO much better than the overstyled Hundai/Ford offerings

Steering-wheel paddle shifting. Integrated blue-tooth radio/entertainment/phone. Visibility. AWD

make more of them so we don't have such a long wait

First Brand New Car
By darkblash

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Buying a Brand New car is never an excellent value. However, Subaru is not only well know for their exceptional reliability, saftey, and customer loyalty, they are also one of the top brands listed for resale value. When comparing the 2012 impreza on paper to its closest competitors it is not definitively going to jump off the page as the best choice in the segment. That is dependent on what your needs are; if you live in the snow belt, and are interested in upgrading or trading the car 5-10 years down the road, the impreza is a great choice. Many complain about the MPG not reaching 36mpg hwy.

-HD Radio on Sport Limited Many complain about the MPG not reaching 36mpg hwy. Most of those poor reviews are in colder states, and the engines have less than the typical 3k miles of 'break in' required. There has been a noticable jump in the past week of warmer weather in my MPG's from mixed driving of 27MPG's to 30MPGs on this last tank, and my Sport Limited only has 1,300 miles. Subaru's interior is simple yet refined, distraction-free of the extremely cluttered interior compared to the focus or elantra.

-Tail lights are ugly, and buldgy -Heated seats control in awkward location (how often is that button used anyway?) -Stock tires are subpar -Edmunds neesd to allow more in-depth customer reviews. Shouldn't technology in automobiles have an ipad like removeable 'brain' to allow upgrades every 2-3 years? Think about it, your cutting edge smart phone you bought in 2008 now looks outdated and ridiculous... I think the same will be true of the focus' and elantra's interiors-- I doubt they will age well. The Impreza is not the prettiest car, the best fuel consumption, or the best equipped vehicle, or the best in any class for that matter. In my opinion, it is the best choice for me.

My First Brand New Car
By jaycab

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Did not regret my decision on my purchase. Love my Subaru especially in Ohio. Awesome to be one of the first owners in this head turner. The only thing that bothers me is the MPG. I have been only averaging 28 MPG in the last 400 miles the car ran so far. And the drive is mostly highway. But other than that it is still worth every $$.

I own a Marine Blue Sport Limited with sunroof package. I love the HD radio and the speakers are surprisingly decent that came stock. The new aero mud guards for the sport models is a must have. Planning on tinting, changing to sport grill, front under spoiler, etc. And of course the AWD system Subaru has eliminates all other competitors.

Love every inch of my car except for the cheap sun visor and a "walmart brand" looking wiper blades. HID lead light option would be nice also with power seats. I wish I can get a black leather interior with a pearl white or black exterior. But Im happy with my blue with black interior.