Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Oil consumption problem
By gailbk

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am experiencing a significant problem with my Subaru Impreza 2012 with excessive use of oil and the oil light going on. I understand from the service people that this is caused by "blowback" past the cylinders, causing excessive oil use, inconvenience to owners, and an inflated cost of ownership (synthetic oil is $8/qt.) Subaru insists this is normal but when I traded in my Lexus at 257,000 miles with never an additional drop of oil between oil changes, I certainly didn't expect to trade it in for an oil guzzler like the Subaru Impreza. Subaru will do nothing and insists this is normal - - at least for them! Any ideas how to pressure Subaru? It was fixed for the 2014 model.

Love It!
By abhandari

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Stepped up from a 03 mazda 6 and I love this Subaru! I got it yesterday only have 40 miles on it but loving it so far! I got the limited hatchback with navi/moonroof, wanted a sport limited but hard to find these cars. The seats are definitely comfortable in my car the navi is super easy but for some might have to get used to it, I am kind of tech savvy. The speakers are awesome! I dont know why people are complaining about it. The cvt needs getting used to

Navigation/bluetooth/ipod hook up and leather seats. Love everything about this car fun and comfortable to drive. Love the way it looks, aggressive/sexy.

Nothing really unless the cvt can be quieter lol but other than that nothing so far.