What Happened ?
By diehard080 on
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I am on my 4th Sube. To this day my 1st the 77 wagon, was the BEST. Why because it was built like a tank and not flimsy in any way . Yes I had to shift it to get to 4WD but that was good for MPG ! My 2006 Outback Sport was totaled after I was hit from behind on the FWY. So I get the chance to get the "latest" body style and updated changes- Wow I have to say many in this review section seem to be idealistic and have no experince with other subes or cars. Why ? This cars handling is weak and it gives way on quick turning, powerless in 0-60 over 10seconds ! and the interior is the most sparse I could concieve. They put all the $ in the 4wd system. Bad move as the rest of the car suffers.
Favorite Features
All-wheel drive IF you live in a place where you need it . My experience has been that Subaru has sold the 4WD system as a panacea for everything that ailes 2wd cars . This is patently false based on my experience . Now with stability Control and Traction Control you don't need 4wd unless you are wheeling in the snow - and don't say well the mud too--as you read the owners manual and these cars are NOT designed for off-roading and it states clearly it will void the warranty if they find out ! The rain --yeah my other car has ASR and it works beautifully . So other than 4wd the boxer engines reliability would be my other favorite feature as its a solid design thats been around 100 years.
Suggested Improvements
Put a radio in better than a 5 & dime transistor or leave it out ! The seats are flat as 2" by 4"s and about as comfortable. Interior materials are cheap and design inside it thoughless. Subaru has put everything into the 4 wheel drive aspect of the car and as a result have neglected the rest of the car . This is what I see and experience being a multiple owner. The suspension is even far short of anything close to a "sporty " handling car and any speed up of 70 I don't feel like I have a grasp of how this car will respond . I also have a 2010 Maz-3 which handles like a vette and it was less money, faster, all better but no 4wd. Sube best not rest on its 4wd only for much longer or...