2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: My 2011 SSM STI

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Review

My 2011 SSM STI
By turbosti on

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my Subaru from Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, CO. It is my first Subaru and it will definitely not be my last! The car is an awesome car! I have enjoyed it very much so far. My options I got was the navigation, short throw shifter, all weather mats, and homelink rear view mirror. In my opinion you definitely need the short shifter. The navigation isn't the best and the speakers are very good, but that isn't the reason I bought the car. The car stock sounds really good and runs well. I am very happy with the car and plan on keeping it for quite some time. You will always get people cranking their necks to look at your car too.

I like the short throw shifter option that I got. It reduces the shift length and it is covered under warranty. The homelink rear view mirror is also a great feature. In my opinion the SI-drive isn't a necessity, but it can help you get better fuel economy when driving on the highway.

The stock tune of the car is really poor. It runs the car lean which isn't good for the life of the engine. Fortunetly this can be fixed with an aftermarket Accessport such as COBB tuning's accessport or a pro tune. It will run the car safer and give you more power safely. Also the navigation system defiantly isn't worth it. If the car wasn't so rare I would have spent more time to find one without the navigation and spend my $1800 elsewhere.