Love my new Subie!!!
By SubieLove on
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
My first Subie and I LOVE HER! I need AWD for NH winters, so considered RAV4, Suzuki SX4, Matrix, Outback, Forester, Impreza. Did tons of research; this OBS had what I needed: reliability, safety, wagon versatility, adorability, good price. I LOVE driving this car. Smooth, but can feel the road; easy shifting (but shifter feels a bit rubbery); comfy seats; perfect cargo space for 1 person; hugs the road; very responsive; good stereo; sits up high w/lift on driver's seat. I've owned a Tercel/Civic/Miata, so I'm used to great mpg. Have driven 170 miles on 30-60 mph country roads; meter says 31 mpg. But I can see my fuel meter wand move down as I drive. Yow. But I adore this car already.
Favorite Features
Adorable, comfortable, driver-side lift, feels like a tank, safety features, hugs the road, good stereo (not Bose, but good enough for me), fun to drive, heated seats, mirrors, wipers, solid construction, fog lights, 2-tone paint, bright inside even w/o moonroof, Bluetooth, iPod USB ,6 speakers.
Suggested Improvements
Please, please improve mpg. Don't know how, but there must be a way. Truly, the only drawback to this wonderful car. Okay, a few more cubbyholes/compartments would be nice. After 24 hours of ownership, that's about all I have for suggestions!