Great Car!!!
By eyean27 on
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I was in the market for a new car and couldn't be happier with my decision. Considered Accord Coup V6, Evo Ralliart, GTI, and Mazda 3. I was very impressed with the performance of the WRX. Quick acceleration and great handling!! The interior cabin is quite spacious considering it's a compact car. I was hoping for better gas mileage but that's due to a heavy foot! I'm avg 20 in town and about 28 highway.
Favorite Features
AWD, Turbo, flared body, and quad exhaust
Suggested Improvements
The radio could use an upgrade but that's something that can easily be remedied...
By blacktop
on 10/13/11 17:09 PM (PDT)

I picked up a WR Blue 2011 WRX Sedan base with foglights, premium tint, and the SPT short shifter a few weeks ago. My intentions for the car go beyond daily driving as I plan to build a stock class autocross car out of it. After putting about 1500 miles on it, I have to say that this car is a terrific daily driver. The car just feels so strong and so solid on the street. I've owned other Subaru's in the past, and the difference in build quality is astounding. My 2007 WRX felt cheap and hollow, but the 2011 almost has that German car 'thunk' when you close the doors. Its really quite remarkable. There are a few things that I'd love to see Subaru change about this car: 1) upgrade the sound quality of the stereo. The ipod/usb/bt integration is terrific, and the head unit is a breeze to use, but the sound quality is just horrible. 2) springs and the dampers. I'm pretty sure that they valved these dampers for a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood, and not a 2011 WRX. They are just too soft. 3) and I'm with everyone else about the gas mileage, but at the same time, that is to be expected. Hypermiling it on the highway, I can manage 28mpg, and that is satisfactory in my opinion. Overall, I'd give this car a 9/10 because it really delivers for the money, but it does have a few flaws, like the soft springs/dampers. I hope to enjoy this WRX for many years to come, and I am 110% satisfied with my purchase.