2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Loving this little car!
By campanozzi on 11/06/12 21:34 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have upgraded from a 2002 forester auto to a 2011 impreza LIMITED (canada & autralia only) with leather and wrx seats, i love the sound of the little boxer engine, good steering to! Fuel consumption is OK, in the city and pretty good on the highway! Its in my opinion the last true drivers N/A subaru! It feels planted I trust my car, i have the premium sound system ans i have to say its a bit disappointing! Good styling with the sport package to! Last , cargo space is not really good since it has a big bump in the trunk (sedan)

Great AWD and thats it
By tcrew on 08/08/12 12:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purcarhased two new subarus in 2011. One a Legacy limited and the other a Impreza premium 5 door. The Legacy is great but the Impreza was a different story. I bought an automatic, should have bought a 5 speed. The 4 speed auto was terriable. The transmission got worse as i put miles on it. No mechanical problems just poor performance. The seats were a cheap material that faded fast. The tomtom navi was replaced after 14 months. The door trim rotted off. The center consoles plasic started comming off. The only good feature is the AWD. After 15 months i traded it for a 2012 Forester( i still love subaru). Im glad the impreza was updated.

Subaru Impreza WRX review
By mikeb32 on 05/07/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have recently purchased a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX and over all I'm happy with what the car has to offer. This car has undeniably good value for money in terms of the performance you get out, its more comfortable than I thought it would be, you have loads of leg and head room, the boot space is sufficient and its impossible to get bored driving about in it. There are, however, a few down falls that might get on your nerves. The amount of noise caused by rattling in the cabin is pretty irritating!, the traction control makes the gear changes a little jerky and the revs bounce slightly when its on, but at least that can always be turned off at the push of a button

I really do like the car, but there are issues
By dfgarrison on 10/24/11 14:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First the good: This car is a lot of fun when the snow starts to fly. Living in MN this was important to me. The all wheel drive in the WRX never disappoints. I run General's winter tire and if anything the grip is too good even with traction control turned off. The bad: In the first year two bearings failed (throw-out and transfer). For summer driving the suspension is too soft. The seats lack lateral support, you slide all over the place. The dead pedal is too small (size 10 shoe). Pedals are too close together and your knee will hit the steering column when left foot braking. Front fascia will crack very easily ($750 to fix). Paint chips easily. 5 speed shifter is very clunky.

5's across the board
By saintsbrian on 07/01/11 08:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fourth car in 4 years. And I am ABSOLUTELY in love with this car. Nothing else to say about it. It's a great car. Good bang for the buck without a doubt. Super fun car to drive!

Super Fun to Drive
By masterdds on 06/24/11 23:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just picked it up this week. So far, the car has been a blast to drive. I have been getting about 22MPG on mountain roads. The stock stereo is decent. Leather very comfortable. Some road noise, which I don't mind. One caveat is that there are not too many compartments to store stuff....I am the type of person to carry around some supplies for emergencies and moving from my old Corolla to this car forced me to downsize.

Great Car!!!
By eyean27 on 04/12/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was in the market for a new car and couldn't be happier with my decision. Considered Accord Coup V6, Evo Ralliart, GTI, and Mazda 3. I was very impressed with the performance of the WRX. Quick acceleration and great handling!! The interior cabin is quite spacious considering it's a compact car. I was hoping for better gas mileage but that's due to a heavy foot! I'm avg 20 in town and about 28 highway.

Great car - 2 gripes
By cmstripling on 01/06/11 19:26 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Mechanically this car is wonderful. I went from a Dodge Charge w/ a V6 to the WRX and it is a night a day driving experience. Shifts are smooth and easy to navigate acceleration is more than adaquate and I've gotten pretty decent gas milage (21.5). Two complaints, the stereo is terrible. The car is light and obviously is doing w/o on some sound insulation but that's not what bothers me. If you're going to save weight by not having that then make the stereo adaquate to compensate. It doesn't. The leather on my new car was not installed properly. There was slack in the leather on portions of the passenger side seats. Stitching was good, but they left too much leather on the sections.

Saved my life
By blondbubbles on 01/03/11 08:02 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car.I recently was hit by a truck going 50 pretty much head on.I was going 10 mph, I would have to recommend this car to anyone who is buying their first car.With my new car now totaled, my passanger as well as myself pretty much walked away with minor brusies.The safety in this car blew me away.I now will never drive a different car.The power that it had was enough to get around and still have some speed to it.Although the gas mileage was a little lower than i would have liked, it handled great in the snow.If only i could upload the pictures, you would have thought someone died in the accident.

A big step backwards for Subaru.
By Scott on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my third Subaru yesterday. Today, the Edmund's review lead-in sentence comes to mind - "Subaru Owners are fiercely loyal - we're not sure why." Yesterday I would have said that I'm loyal because - in spite of very low quality interior materials, the car's AWD system does truly rule the road. And even though all past Subie's have plastic-chrome emblems that peel in months and carpets that wear clear though to the floor - the car is truly a blast to drive. It was the poor-man's WRX sports car. It was involving, exciting, made me think in was in a BMW or Porsche. Compared to '07, the new 2011 is bloated and slow, the body rolls on corners my old car didn't know were corners.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Impreza Sedan in VA is:

$144 per month*