2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Already traded it!
By mamabex on 01/21/13 15:06 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in Feb 2011. Loved the looks and wanted that legendary Subaru reliability. Boy, we were sorely mistaken. We just traded it in after the last straw--and it's January, 2013. We had to have the engine REPLACED at 18K. REPLACED. This is a dealer-serviced car, driven gently back and forth to work and to the grocery store, etc. Engine knocked, we took it in, and it spent the next MONTH and change in the shop. After they replaced the engine, we thought everything was okay--until a few weeks ago, when it began knocking AGAIN. We took it back in. For the last time. We traded that heap and haven't looked back. This car was probably a lemon, but still disappointed.

Great overall value!
By subiracer11 on 08/09/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and now have currently about 28k miles. Overall great car, suspension is very forgiving but a little to soft for my opinion-that is my only gripe. MPG I average 28-30 on hwy and about 23-25 city. A lot of the wrx components can be switched to the 2.5i such as suspension or brakes. The 2.5i brakes compared to the wrx brakes are pretty stupid IMO; both have same caliper but different size rotors-I upgraded to wrx rotors using wrx caliper bracket and braking is much better now. Handles great in snow, the only thing that limits it is the crappy oem tires. Overall a great car for someone looking for a AWD vehicle at a great price. Do not overlook this car, you will not regret it!

Okay First Impression From First Subaru
By cor1 on 06/11/12 14:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I leased a 2011 Impreza Outback Sport (all weather package) in April 2011. I've since put about 18k miles on it and am reasonably satisfied with it so far. It's not a performance model but it's fun to drive and with the seats folded down I get plenty of space to haul things like my entire acoustic drum set. It's your typical, versatile Subaru, but the the quality of the interior is a bit lacking. The seats' cloth is thin and feels flimsy. The front passenger door has rattled from the speaker's bass since day 1. The driver side head rest wobbles a bit. I can even feel where the posts end in the seat-back when I lean my head against it. Also the center console latch broke 3 weeks in.

I hoped they fixed problems w older Imprezas!
By sjgordon26 on 04/02/12 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We had a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport (the hatchback Impreza). At 150,00 Head Gasket and Catalytic Converter went. They broke again 50,000 miles later. The 2002 model only lasted 200,000 miles and Subaru Annapolis and Subura National Customer Service said it is not worth fixing a 200,000 mile car; buy a new one. What?!? That is why we bought a Subaru- to go the distance more than other cars....I'd be scared to buy this one unless you get it for the price of a Hyundai!

1st Subaru owned of many to come
By whitetailaj on 02/25/12 10:39 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had never owned a Subaru before and neither had anyone in my family. In the 90's I was drawn away from the brand just because of the somewhat biased social stigmatism attached to the company. When my old truck blew it's motor two years ago I knew that I wanted an AWD car and began looking into Subarus. I was first looking at the Impreza Sport because of the size and versatility of the vehicle but immediately fell in love with the wide body design of the 2011 Impreza WRX. Took a test drive and the rest, as they say, is history. A little over a year and 16,000 miles later I still leave my sales consultant job at a Subaru dealership and look forward to my drive home everyday.

Great Experience
By tpbco on 11/22/11 17:53 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchasing my second Subaru has been a great experience. I wanted a car that I could be confident in winter weather. The entire staff at Roberts Subaru in Downingtown PA were outstanding and went out of their way to make sure that I was completely satisfied. The salesman even went to another dealership out of state to get me the car I wanted. I would recommend both Roberts and Subaru to anyone who wants service and reliability.

Fun, fun, fun!
By kmcglynn on 11/15/11 11:47 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After driving my clunker of a car for about 7 years, it was time to trade it in. I looked at all of the good reviews Subaru has recieved for their line up of great cars, and decided to go with a brand new steel silver 2011 Impreza 2.5i Hatchback Premium. Subaru lives up to its reputation and then some! It is so comfy on cold mornings with its heated seats and feels like it is glued to the road, no matter how rainy it is. I love the size--just perfect for my and my boyfriend and all of camping/outdoor gear. My Subie is so much fun to drive! Great value for your money if you get the Premium model--nice wheels, all-weather package, Bluetooth, and an upgraded sound!

Great car for the money
By daskiing1 on 05/02/11 17:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my new Subaru a couple weeks ago, but this car is quite fantastic. It is reliable, fun to drive, has plenty of space in the back, and the AWD is (or will be) a godsend in bad weather. Even on rainy interstates this car feels impervious where other cars i have owned felt nervous or uncomfortable. If you live where the weather is perpetually bad, this hatch really is worth your look.

What Happened ?
By diehard080 on 12/20/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am on my 4th Sube. To this day my 1st the 77 wagon, was the BEST. Why because it was built like a tank and not flimsy in any way . Yes I had to shift it to get to 4WD but that was good for MPG ! My 2006 Outback Sport was totaled after I was hit from behind on the FWY. So I get the chance to get the "latest" body style and updated changes- Wow I have to say many in this review section seem to be idealistic and have no experince with other subes or cars. Why ? This cars handling is weak and it gives way on quick turning, powerless in 0-60 over 10seconds ! and the interior is the most sparse I could concieve. They put all the $ in the 4wd system. Bad move as the rest of the car suffers.

Wish for WRX Suspension
By Kirk on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for a month but I am really enjoying it with one glaring exception. Turn in and body roll are real issues. My plain jane 09 Honda Civic handles much better and it has understeer! I wish Subaru would have used the WRX suspension on this model. Rallitek sway bars are on order.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*