2011 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I hoped they fixed problems w older Imprezas!
By sjgordon26 on 04/02/12 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We had a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport (the hatchback Impreza). At 150,00 Head Gasket and Catalytic Converter went. They broke again 50,000 miles later. The 2002 model only lasted 200,000 miles and Subaru Annapolis and Subura National Customer Service said it is not worth fixing a 200,000 mile car; buy a new one. What?!? That is why we bought a Subaru- to go the distance more than other cars....I'd be scared to buy this one unless you get it for the price of a Hyundai!

Wish for WRX Suspension
By Kirk on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the car for a month but I am really enjoying it with one glaring exception. Turn in and body roll are real issues. My plain jane 09 Honda Civic handles much better and it has understeer! I wish Subaru would have used the WRX suspension on this model. Rallitek sway bars are on order.

Love my new Subie!!!
By SubieLove on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My first Subie and I LOVE HER! I need AWD for NH winters, so considered RAV4, Suzuki SX4, Matrix, Outback, Forester, Impreza. Did tons of research; this OBS had what I needed: reliability, safety, wagon versatility, adorability, good price. I LOVE driving this car. Smooth, but can feel the road; easy shifting (but shifter feels a bit rubbery); comfy seats; perfect cargo space for 1 person; hugs the road; very responsive; good stereo; sits up high w/lift on driver's seat. I've owned a Tercel/Civic/Miata, so I'm used to great mpg. Have driven 170 miles on 30-60 mph country roads; meter says 31 mpg. But I can see my fuel meter wand move down as I drive. Yow. But I adore this car already.

Cool Car for Little Cash
By B Sova on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Subaru because I needed AWD since I live in the hills and have to drive through snow, mud, etc. I didn't expect to have such nice road-hugging and really fun to drive. Bought it with manual transmission which is smooth. No frills, but really fun and dependable little car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$142 per month*