Used 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

A big step backwards for Subaru.
By Scott

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my third Subaru yesterday. Today, the Edmund's review lead-in sentence comes to mind - "Subaru Owners are fiercely loyal - we're not sure why." Yesterday I would have said that I'm loyal because - in spite of very low quality interior materials, the car's AWD system does truly rule the road. And even though all past Subie's have plastic-chrome emblems that peel in months and carpets that wear clear though to the floor - the car is truly a blast to drive. It was the poor-man's WRX sports car. It was involving, exciting, made me think in was in a BMW or Porsche. Compared to '07, the new 2011 is bloated and slow, the body rolls on corners my old car didn't know were corners.

I'm trying to make my new base model as nice as my old base model. I bought alloy wheels today, and new speakers. I wish I could get my old bucket-like seats back. PLEASE Subaru - put some money back into your cars. Fiercely loyal? - for me - not any more - and truly very saddened to say that.

Return some interior fabric, or something, to break up the expanses of dull cheap plastic. Make car smaller, more nimble again. Big folk who don't care about sportiness, or have lots to haul, can get the almost same priced Legacy or Forester. I hope the WRX's don't suffer as much this year.