Used 2011 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Already traded it!
By mamabex

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in Feb 2011. Loved the looks and wanted that legendary Subaru reliability. Boy, we were sorely mistaken. We just traded it in after the last straw--and it's January, 2013. We had to have the engine REPLACED at 18K. REPLACED. This is a dealer-serviced car, driven gently back and forth to work and to the grocery store, etc. Engine knocked, we took it in, and it spent the next MONTH and change in the shop. After they replaced the engine, we thought everything was okay--until a few weeks ago, when it began knocking AGAIN. We took it back in. For the last time. We traded that heap and haven't looked back. This car was probably a lemon, but still disappointed.

Manual transmission is responsive, with tight gears. Holds the road well. Very little sliding or skidding on slick, icy roads.

An engine that doesn't completely flake out at 18K miles. I guess I would like the interior to be a little less plastic-y and cheap, but it's a cheap car, so that's probably pressing my luck. The in-dash Tom-Tom needs something to protect it from glare, needs to work ALL THE TIME (voice cuts out from time to time for no reason, then will return several hundred miles later, after I've forgotten it's supposed to talk to me. First time this happened the sudden, loud command scared the crap out of me), and needs to not become unresponsive when hot (won't respond to touch). We won't be purchasing another Subaru after this experience.

Loving this little car!
By campanozzi

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have upgraded from a 2002 forester auto to a 2011 impreza LIMITED (canada & autralia only) with leather and wrx seats, i love the sound of the little boxer engine, good steering to! Fuel consumption is OK, in the city and pretty good on the highway! Its in my opinion the last true drivers N/A subaru! It feels planted I trust my car, i have the premium sound system ans i have to say its a bit disappointing! Good styling with the sport package to! Last , cargo space is not really good since it has a big bump in the trunk (sedan)

AWD,Engine,bluetooth,manual transmission

Sound System, rear visibility, cargo space, fuel consumption .

Great overall value!
By subiracer11

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and now have currently about 28k miles. Overall great car, suspension is very forgiving but a little to soft for my opinion-that is my only gripe. MPG I average 28-30 on hwy and about 23-25 city. A lot of the wrx components can be switched to the 2.5i such as suspension or brakes. The 2.5i brakes compared to the wrx brakes are pretty stupid IMO; both have same caliper but different size rotors-I upgraded to wrx rotors using wrx caliper bracket and braking is much better now. Handles great in snow, the only thing that limits it is the crappy oem tires. Overall a great car for someone looking for a AWD vehicle at a great price. Do not overlook this car, you will not regret it!

-AWD-handling in all weather conditions is superior, hands down -Interior Comfort/Accessibility -Compatibility to wrx parts -Tons of room! (hatchback) -Heated Seats! - Visibility

-Upgrade to wrx brake rotors -Upgrade oem tires -Upgrade oem stereo-sounds very distorted at volume 30/40...even with "upgraded stereo" that comes with tweeters in the front doors -If you want a more firm suspension, upgrade to wrx or aftermarket struts -Aftermarket Swaybars!-Absolute must!, the car does not even come with a rear sway bar!

Great AWD and thats it
By tcrew

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purcarhased two new subarus in 2011. One a Legacy limited and the other a Impreza premium 5 door. The Legacy is great but the Impreza was a different story. I bought an automatic, should have bought a 5 speed. The 4 speed auto was terriable. The transmission got worse as i put miles on it. No mechanical problems just poor performance. The seats were a cheap material that faded fast. The tomtom navi was replaced after 14 months. The door trim rotted off. The center consoles plasic started comming off. The only good feature is the AWD. After 15 months i traded it for a 2012 Forester( i still love subaru). Im glad the impreza was updated.

Only the AWD

Subaru already changed the car

Okay First Impression From First Subaru
By cor1

2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I leased a 2011 Impreza Outback Sport (all weather package) in April 2011. I've since put about 18k miles on it and am reasonably satisfied with it so far. It's not a performance model but it's fun to drive and with the seats folded down I get plenty of space to haul things like my entire acoustic drum set. It's your typical, versatile Subaru, but the the quality of the interior is a bit lacking. The seats' cloth is thin and feels flimsy. The front passenger door has rattled from the speaker's bass since day 1. The driver side head rest wobbles a bit. I can even feel where the posts end in the seat-back when I lean my head against it. Also the center console latch broke 3 weeks in.

-All Weather Pack (heated mirrors, seats and lower windshield for wipers and rubber floor mats and roof cross-bars) -Sport Mode and stiffer suspension than previous model years makes it a lot of fun to drive aggressively (very little body roll) -Cargo room is very spacious with rear seats folded -Subaru reliability is unbeatable and resale is still tops -No mechanical problems to date

Road noise even with the roof cross-bars off is excessive. It needs more sound deadening material in the doors, headliner, and could use some shielding underneath. The sound system is great but everyone had problems with the front passenger door rattling uncontrollably and Subaru dealerships had no clue how to fix it which was very frustrating (not complicated at all, you can easily google it). My center console now has a sweet velcroe feature that keeps it shut since the latch broke. Overall, interior is shoddy.