STI Special Edition
By solly on
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I just traded in my 2002 WRX (which I loved and which took me over 108,000 miles without a hiccup, but was getting a bit shabby)for this "Special Edition" STI. The acceleration, grip levels and cornering are mind-boggling for a 4 door car. I thought my old WRX was quick but this thing is a rocket ship. Easy to drive and stable at high speeds. Driver-controllable differentials and driver- controlled "sport", "sport plus" and "intelligent" settings for either raw power in the twisties or relaxed economical highway driving. The body style is aggressive with wide wheel arches and the JDM wheels with summer tires. Interior could be more luxurious but I bought the car to drive, not live in. Love it
Favorite Features
Spec C suspension, aggressive body style, very roomy for a 6'4" driver. Fantastic creamy power delivery like a turbine. Drives like a sports car costing twice the money. Seats are extremely comfortable and supportive. Suspension and tires make the car stick like glue.
Suggested Improvements
At nearly $35k could have less plastic in the interior, and they should have retained the Xenon headlights of the regular STI. Stereo is OK but no more. An optional winter wheel/tire package for people like me who live in the snow belt would be great.