2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: STI-ME!

2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

By Which Subaru Be U? on

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 5th Subaru in 18 years. Started with a ‘92 Legacy sedan; ‘02 & ‘05 Legacy GT sedans have also filled my driveway. My wife also bought an ‘06 Legacy GT after driving mine. Other than maintenance/yearly inspections I have never had any problems with my Subarus. 3 weeks ago I was ready to buy a used Lotus Elise, new JCWorks MINI or new BMW 135i, when I made a trip to my dealer for my ’05 Legacy inspection. By days-end I bought a WRX STi SE hatchback which I test-drove wrapped in white plastic, fresh off the delivery truck. I’ve yet to question my decision. Wow, what a ride and it comes with serious street cred! Mine is Dark Grey Metallic; a real looker, but mature, color, IMHO.

Serious torque; amazing stopping with the Brembos; great, mature exhaust note from quads; slightly tinted glass; adjustable front and rear slip diff and engine throttle response; ride handling and suspension is amazing and super tight; Alcantara STi seats & interior trim is simple and classy.

The 4-speaker stereo could be better, but I kept my ’05 Legacy GT with 10 speakers and a sub woofer - aka: date-night car for my wife and I. My wife said she feels like my trophy wife in the STi; is that bad? ;-) I do not miss fogs, 6-disc or the auto climate - probably 'cause I'm too busy driving!