2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Great Commuter

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great Commuter
By Dude on

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This really is a great commuter car, the Outback Sport has great handling, descent engine and generally good looking car. The transmission is the only week point I have noticed, the peak torque in the boxer engine comes on at 4000 RPM, but the long gears(4 speed auto) drop to below 3000 on the shift. They could have added 2 more gears to this transmission keeping it in the upper rev range for fast acceleration when needed. The stereo blows, but I listen to Slacker of Pandora through my Blackberry most of the time and it actually sounds pretty good. I would upgrade the stereo but I think I would rather trade the car in for the 3.6 Liter 5 Speed Auto Legacy Premium in a couple years.

Heated Seats, Wiper and Mirror Defrosters, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, and AWD. Great Handling and 17" Rims.

Add rear anti-sway bar, improve stereo system and speakers, tint the windows (for improved cooling efficiency of the A/C), All weather floor mats, and paint protection for the front bumper and hood, chips easily.