Great All Around Car!
By OKWRX2010 on
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Drove lots of cars to compare; '10 GTI, '10 Legacy 2.5GT, '10 A3, etc and ended up with my 2nd WRX. Had an '02 before and loved it...5 cars later I'm driving another one that is much more expensive unfortunately, but also much more car all-in-all. Can't beat the performance, comfort, AWD, and utility of the WRX in this price range, nothing comes close. I love the design and interior of the GTI and admit it's interior is especially much better than the WRX for the money, but the lack of power, AWD, and cargo space made it fall behind too far. Just had a big ice/snow storm and car performed flawlessly!! I'm very happy with my choice.
Favorite Features
AWD, amazing acceleration in all gears, SPT exhaust is AWESOME (recommend it!), momo shift knob, very comfortable seats, roomy back seat, hatchback utility, don't see many on the streets, safety, excellent warranty program, great experience with dealership, lots of fun add-ons, what's not to like?!
Suggested Improvements
Stock stereo even in premium pkg is pretty bad even with sub/amp pkg added, but you don't buy this car for the stereo! Gas mileage could be a little better, but for the power/awd performance I'm not complaining...only other thing would be slightly weak interior/exterior paint...chips easily.